You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to remove part of the photo?

35 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

The Clone tool does not seem to do what was demonstrated.

What do you mean by that?

Is it not working at all or not working in a specific way that was demonstrated?

Your attached document is fine and the clone tool works on that document

(Addition work has been done on the attached image, not just cloning)

pam_and_stuart.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Wow, thank you. That is exactly what I was hoping for! Did you use the clone tool? I started with the hair on the left and did not know what to do further with the finger. What I meant in my question is how to replace the background, in this case the chin, and remove the finger and there was one very beginning AF video where it had a dog running toward the camera and I believe it was outlined in some manner and it was removed and the grass replaced it. There was another AF video of a boy jumping from a dock and I think the boy in mid air was removed but I can't recall,  so I am trying to find the right tool and how to make the outline. Thanks for your help!

PS I just tried to remove the idiotic words on the red cap and tried the clone tool but I could not get it to work. I had a small circle and hit the 'option' key to establish the color, but I did something wrong obviously

9 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

Wow, thank you. That is exactly what I was hoping for! Did you use the clone tool? I started with the hair on the left and did not know what to do further with the finger. What I meant in my question is how to replace the background, in this case the chin, and remove the finger and there was one very beginning AF video where it had a dog running toward the camera and I believe it was outlined in some manner and it was removed and the grass replaced it. There was another AF video of a boy jumping from a dock and I think the boy in mid air was removed but I can't recall,  so I am trying to find the right tool and how to make the outline. Thanks for your help!

PS I just tried to remove the idiotic words on the red cap and tried the clone tool but I could not get it to work. I had a small circle and hit the 'option' key to establish the color, but I did something wrong obviously

My guess is you did not select the right layer. No effort in this as it is sloppy, but you can see it does work when the right layer is selected 

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 12.25.27 PM.jpg

8 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

one very beginning AF video where it had a dog running toward the camera and I believe it was outlined in some manner and it was removed and the grass replaced it. There was another AF video of a boy jumping from a dock and I think the boy in mid air was removed

This sounds more like they were demonstrating the Inpainting Tool which is what I initially used as my starting point, after that a little bit of Cloning around the jaw line then the Mesh Warp Tool to smooth/straighten the jaw line and then dodge and burn to try to blend it all in

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Yes, I was on the wrong layer to remove the lettering. Does AF have a tool to removal all those hats in the world?

Could not find the Inpainting tool on the side bar with the tools, that sounds about what I remember, where can I find it please?

thank you!

22 minutes ago, SF Charter Boat said:

Yes, I was on the wrong layer to remove the lettering. Does AF have a tool to removal all those hats in the world?

Could not find the Inpainting tool on the side bar with the tools, that sounds about what I remember, where can I find it please?

thank you!

I circled the tool you can use on the right side of the image I uploaded before