Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Affinity Designer software.  I am trying to create a guide by click and dragging from the ruler with the move tool.  I have read the comments but I can't make head nor tails of it.  Someone claims to have found the solution by "unlocking the guides".  When I searched a topic on hoe to unlock guides someone answered that a lock/unlock function hadn't been added yet and would be added at a later date.  So, at the moment my left eye is looking in my right trouser pocked with frustration.  Any advice would be great.

Thank you

Rob

Edited by Dutch0852

Welcome to the forum, maybe you have inadvertently hidden guides by pressing Cmd + ; (Ctrl + ; on Windows)

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Or, View > Show Guides may not be enabled.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.674 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.674 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.663 Beta.

Thanks guys for getting back to me so promptly

As y'all can see in the attachment that the show guides option is checked.

Maybe a gremlin got into my software 😕

IMG_0039.jpeg

4 hours ago, Dutch0852 said:

As y'all can see in the attachment that the show guides option is checked.

In your attachment, so is "Lock Guides."

455760871_lockedguides.jpg.07be07ec85f23253872b5dd27c86a457.jpg

Affinity Photo 1.8.3, Affinity Designer 1.8.3, Affinity Publisher 1.8.3; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.3.180 & Affinity Designer 1.8.3.2 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1