You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Is it possible to automate the making of a contact sheet in Affinity Photo? I have looked around the UI, but cannot seem to find the option. I'm guessing it's not possible, but just thought I would check in case the option existed and I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

High-End Photographic Prints

No it’s not possible to create a contact sheet in Affinity Photo, although there is a nice app called XnViewMP which can create contact sheets and it’s free. In XnViewMP it’s under the Create Menu, kind of obvious but thought I’d fast track ya lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I mostly use a plain CLI based app (run in a terminal) for generating contact sheets and things like that. It operates on folder/directory image contents and can check if some folder images might possibly have been updated or changed, that way it only recreates/updates a contact sheet itself if needed. Sort of a little change update/versioning mechanism for folder based image storage.

So a folder ".../zzz" with just two images inside would yield to the following then ...

kontaktabzug.jpg.7c545a8198ab67f6fa9db14ab2b003f7.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I need to create a contact sheet of images, in jpg or pdf format - to include in a download.

I will shortly be going back to macOS, so I will use automator to do the trick. Maybe one day Affinity Photo might include the ability to create contact sheets natively. I will look into XnViewMP in the meantime.

Thank you both.

High-End Photographic Prints

The tool I mentioned is - due to Java - portable usable on Win/Mac as far a Java Runtime environment (>= Java 5) is installed and present on the computer.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 9 months later...
On 4/30/2020 at 12:27 AM, firstdefence said:

No it’s not possible to create a contact sheet in Affinity Photo, although there is a nice app called XnViewMP which can create contact sheets and it’s free. In XnViewMP it’s under the Create Menu, kind of obvious but thought I’d fast track ya lol!

This is so much better than what comes in Photoshop! Thanks for the recommendation!

• 4 weeks later...

There is a mysterious setting in Mac OSX, which suddenly appeared in my work after reading this thread, (and after loosing the continuous version of Photoshop-Bridge due to Mojave); and it somehow drops all the text normally underneath images in Finder/As Icons, so it almost appears like a film contact. The mystery might just be due to the older OSX particulars. Did Apple drop a setting, perhaps because people ignored it? I like this style which also allows a user to change image positions and take screenshots. Here is an unchanged screenshot with black theme pref: 

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 2.52.47 PM.png

• 8 months later...