You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP and Lumix FZ82 RAW's

Hello,

I own the Lumix FZ1000 and anything works fine. Now I ordered the FZ82 too. Haven't received it till now, but found some RAW's from it in the net. When I tried to develope them, I got vignettes at every corner - see example. Doing the same with SilkyPix 7Pro, no vignettes occured. I wonder if it is my mistake, that I had to adjust something in the prog before, or not ?? Have attached the RAW file too.

Thx for helping 😊

Peter

01_with_AP.jpg

01.RW2

Hello  Peter47628

I have downloaded the file and looked at in AP, SPSE8 and RawTherapee 5.8. It turns out that AP is not picking up a lens profile for your camera automatically.

Go to the lens tab and under lens profiles select Panasonic DMC-FZ45 & compatibles and the image will match what you in SPSE8

Regards

Geoff H

Thank You, Geoff 😊.

At first I had a little problem cause I searched for the lens profile in the develop persona - but it is found in the photo persona among filters. And can`t be saved, each RAW file I have to develop first within this mistake and than correct it, right ? I found a function in the DP: "additional lens profiles will be loaded at start from the folder lens profiles". This is empty yet, but I don't know how to safe the profile (from photo persona) into it ??

Regards

Peter

You can find the Lens Profiles in the Develop Persona under the Lens tab

lens.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• Staff

Hey Peter47628,

If you are using the same hardware/device and don't need to switch between lens profiles regularly, you can go to the Develop Assistant (icon that looks like a tuxedo) and change the Default lens profile option from Auto-select to Last used so whenever you open up files from the same device, you won't need to keep manually selecting the profile you need. I hope this helps! 

Thank You, carl and Chris 😊

@ carl: I don't find the lens profiles there - must it be enabled to be visible anyhow ? Have made a screenshot, You see there are only 4 tabs instead of 5 at your example-pic, and lens is missing. I use the german version 1.8 of AP. Translated: Einfach = basic; and so on..

@ Chis: In the future I will have two cameras - the FZ1000 (works automatically), and the FZ82, where I'm searching for a solution to switch between them.

122621122_APdetail.jpg.3c55751de6773a261a17b983320bee18.jpg.

Sorry for the circumstances, but I think we're only a little step away from the solution 😊.

Regards

Peter

When in the Develop Persona make sure View > Studio > Lens is ticked

If it is already ticked then try View > Studio > Reset studio and see if it shows up then

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Chris,

yes, I'm using different cameras. The Lumix FZ1000 will be detected automatically, the new FZ82 not - I think this is so cause AP has a group for it (FZ45 and similarI. Also do micro-stacks (with a chinese ocular-cam on my biolam-microscope) but convert them in tiff before they were combined in AP to a single photo 😊.

Now, after two days, I know the parameters for RAW-developing - and the cam is great, even with it's little sensor. I add two to FHD resized pics - my first ones with this cam - taken from the same position out of my window. It's a look to duesseldorf's central-station, the distance is 1,3 km. Both taken without tripod, and the weather wasn't fine as you can see. ETTR (exposure to the right) - oh no, better not. Details could be lost then...

Hi,

as you know I'm a focus-stacker, and of curse I would like to see if and how this can be done with the FZ82. For this I bought a tube, which is screwed on the lens body and on the upper side filters or close-up lenses can be srewed in. (A feature which I wished the FZ1000 had it too). First result: The Canon 500D achromatc close up lens seems to harmonize with the Lumix camera-lens. And, because the big zoom, I will have a lot of possibilities to test, also with the raynoxes 150 and 250, too - hoping that they also will harmonize with the lens...

My first test: simple honey-waffles - and I see that I have to set down ISO when stacking. Here the data are f/5,6, 1/30 sec, ISO 800 and 151 mm focal distance.

Honigwaffel_(Test_a)_FHD.jpg