You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, 

I am wanting to create an email signature for a client that can include hyperlinks for email addresses, phone numbers and social media etc in Affinity Designer. Is this possible? I have hunted around and can't seem to find an answer. I tried exporting the design file from Designer to Publisher to see if I could do it there - but when I export the finished design file to my desktop, the hyperlinks I included in publisher don't work (I may have not followed the steps properly..?)

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!

Thank you and best wishes, L

Welcome to the forum Lucy,

You cannot apply hyperlinks in Affinity Designer. In publisher the hyperlinking would be part of a document like a PDF file. If you are attaching a signature (sig) to an email any hyperlinking is generally done in the email client, such as Outlook, Mail, Spark and the like. From the client signature formatter you can have an image that has a single hyperlink associated with it but generally signatures are formatted as rich text or html. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Welcome to the forum Lucy,

You cannot apply hyperlinks in Affinity Designer. In publisher the hyperlinking would be part of a document like a PDF file. If you are attaching a signature (sig) to an email any hyperlinking is generally done in the email client, such as Outlook, Mail, Spark and the like. From the client signature formatter you can have an image that has a single hyperlink associated with it but generally signatures are formatted as rich text or html. 

Hello there, 

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, much appreciated! Fab, I understand. No hyperlinking is possible from Affinity Design (that would be wonderful if it were a feature!) and any hyperlinking is done by the client (he is using Gmail). So (thinking out loud here) I could supply the email signature in parts and they can hyperlink the elements when they attach it to their signature formatter?

Thank you again, Lucy

listening in on your thoughts lol! but yes, most of the sigs I’ve made for people have used a company logo and the rest, i.e. phone, email and web links, are text formatted in the sig area which will have options similar to the options you get on this forum for creating posts. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

4 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

listening in on your thoughts lol! but yes, most of the sigs I’ve made for people have used a company logo and the rest, i.e. phone, email and web links, are text formatted in the sig area which will have options similar to the options you get on this forum for creating posts. 

Haha :) Brilliant, thank you that is really helpful. I will take that approach and see what they think! Very best wishes, L

• 1 year later...
23 minutes ago, Jocasta said:

I just want to add a link to a PDF document via Affinity Designer but it looks like this is not possible.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to how else I can do this?  Thanks

Welcome to the forums.

Linking to external resources are only available in Affinity Publisher!

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

PDF-XCHANGE

Now that is a name I've not heard in a while. I just visited their site courtesy of your link. Wow, seems they've come a long way. IIRC I used that for batching PDFs through some archaic combo of Crystal Reports and well crafted SQL queries against a CRM database to batch invoice statements in a previous life.

Gonna check out the free version, but not to derail the forum or link out to alternatives, I purchased APub, in case some swinging layout jobs come my way since I've sweared off InDesign. The price is right. I actually just used Apub to edit a PDF invoice which I had lost the source file to. 

Cheers

-jb