You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Create layers like the develop persona in photo persona

Hey Guys,

Is there a way to create masks in Photo Persona that behave like the ones in the Develop Persona.
I mean I create a layer in Photo Persona that acts as a kind of mask. A number of filters are then applied to this mask. The resulting filter effects now apply to all the layers below.
Like when I create a new gradient or brush layer in Develop Persona and apply contrast, exposure, etc. to it.

So far I could not find a solution for this in any tutorial.
Therefore the question arises, if this is possible at all?

I would be very happy about help.

This is easy, every live-filter and adjustment-layer already have a mask. You can see the white rectangle in the layer-stack, this is a white mask revealing the filter/adjustment to the complete layer(s) beneath. If you take a brush and paint with black it will conceal the parts where the filter/adjustment ist not shown. This work of course also with gradients (from black to white).