You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serif Team! -

Killing in in 2020! - Just a couple of ideas I had today and the context for them.

I have been doing experiments comparing the pressure curves and response in Affinity vs that of Procreate. In my old workflow, i was doing most of my drawing and inking in Procreate, and moving my inks or pencils over to Affinity to complete any color or vector work that I was doing. I have come to enjoy the tight control I am able to achieve using Affinity Designer's brush settings and customization and want to start completing my entire workflow from start to finish in Affinity. That being said here are my ideas.

1. I enjoy being able to hide the studio, and I even like the tap patterns set up to operate it; but it seems sensitive. I often reveal it by accidental touch even though "touch for gestures only" is set to on. - Why not put another tap option there once the studio is hidden? - I envisioned a "lock" icon. So that I could hide the studio - then lock it. That way I can focus on drawing, and not be interrupted by the reappearing studio, and accidental touches.

2. The Palettes. Procreate really did a great job in the last update; allowing users to move the palette around on the canvas. - Why not do the same, using a similar interface method. - A handle at the top of the window, allowing for it to be moved around the spread. - Maybe even appearing on the screen as the studio is hidden? - So I cold minimize my distractions while I am changing colors etc. - I just want to paint, tap and select a new color, and paint some more.

That's my two cents for the day! - Keep it up!!!!!!

Enjoying the heck out of this app, and all your apps every single day!

Cheers,

Robert

2020 M1 Mac Mini, 16GB, Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.1
iPad Pro 12.9, Gen 4, iPad OS 16.3.1