You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can we not adjust levels from full screen view?

Is there a way to adjust levels from a full screen view, like we can in Photoshop from the browsing the Image > Adjustments menu?  I swear I've been sitting here for 10 minutes trying to find a way to do it without having to exit full screen, because exiting seems like an absolutely stupid requirement for "full screen" actions like adjusting colors.

I think if you press ctrl?Cmd-L it should bring up the levels adjustments. you can also access your layers by pressing Shift+CMD/Ctrl+H to show and hide so you can choose the levels adjustment layer in your layers palette I hope that is what you mean

@Eyedear - Thanks. that does help.

It would be nice if the feature was discoverable with the mouse though. I mean people might also want HSL, Brightness Contrast, Curves, Shadows/Highlights, etc. That's a lot of shortcuts to memorize, especially since the programs doesn't seem to have the shortcuts plastered around the interface (menus and dialog boxes) to help drive it into the subconscious.

19 minutes ago, pixelstuff said:

It would be nice if the feature was discoverable with the mouse though.

Cant you access them from the menus?

Layer > New Adjustment Layer

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:35 AM, carl123 said:

Cant you access them from the menus?

Layer > New Adjustment Layer

What the ... ? 

Yes that is where they are and I have no idea why I couldn't find them the other day. I would have sworn I looked through every single menu option.

2 hours ago, pixelstuff said:

I would have sworn I looked through every single menu option.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630