You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 hours ago, _Bluebug said:

I tried with both Windows 10 on and off.

??? What do you mean by that?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, oO5Dynasty said:

The brush in affinity Designer lags for me, and then crashes the program.

All brushes or just some? 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

10 minutes ago, R C-R said:

All brushes or just some? 

Just a simple round brush, but ill try again at a later time to see if their is something I'm doing wrong on my end. If the problem continues, I will just record a video of my process and submit on the forum. Thank you for following up with me, I appreciate that!

• Staff

Hi @_Bluebug,

We've seen brush lag happening with long strokes in Affinity Designer previously and this is usually due to the amount of processing power your computer has, although not always. To combat this, we recommend drawing with the Pen Tool set to a simple brush, and then applying the Brushes to the stroke after. 

On 4/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, _Bluebug said:

I tried with both Windows 10 on and off.

Unfortunately I'm not certain what you mean by this, could you please expand for me?

@oO5Dynasty - I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing crashing, although brushes can occasionally lag we never expect the app to crash. If you can reproduce this, please take a screen recording and report it to the bugs section of the forums. Many thanks :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!