You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey Guys / Support,

I have a weird problem.

I have been trying to do a project in all affinity software but there are no assets.

Some show IOS but are all greyed out even thou im oin widows 10 pc.
Then I cant find any normal graphics in any program such as Chat bubbles, cubes and anything else.

I have not used software in a long time and I updated them all today.

Basically I have some photos and need to add chat bubbles to some of them.
Then others I need to add various symbols like diamond shapes and a few circles.

But as I said I cant find our use any of the items shown and not much of those if any in any of the software.

Is there supposed to be any assets in any of the 3 programs?
If so where are they or how do I find or add them?

Thanks in advance

Fred

It sounds like you could be mixing up two different functional areas of the Affinity applications.
Assets are complex objects which can be dragged into a document from the Assets Panel, while speech bubbles, diamonds, circles and the like are Smart Shapes that can be used via the relevant Tools.
I have never heard of the Assets in the Assets Panel being ‘greyed out’ (even when there’s no active document) so I’m not sure what is happening there. Would you be able to provide a full-screen screenshot so we can see what you see?
If you can’t see the Smart Shapes in the Toolbar, try using menu “View → Customise Tools…” to see if you can drag the relevant tools to your Toolbar.

On 4/28/2020 at 3:39 AM, GarryP said:

It sounds like you could be mixing up two different functional areas of the Affinity applications.
Assets are complex objects which can be dragged into a document from the Assets Panel, while speech bubbles, diamonds, circles and the like are Smart Shapes that can be used via the relevant Tools.
I have never heard of the Assets in the Assets Panel being ‘greyed out’ (even when there’s no active document) so I’m not sure what is happening there. Would you be able to provide a full-screen screenshot so we can see what you see?
If you can’t see the Smart Shapes in the Toolbar, try using menu “View → Customise Tools…” to see if you can drag the relevant tools to your Toolbar.

Hello GarryP,

Thanks for the fast reply to my issue, I really appreciate it.

Sorry for my late reply been sick in hospital several times.

As for what you said I have tried what you said and I see the items.

But some show normal and others are blacked out thou I can use the few I tried.

I have attached a picture everything above the colored symbol show in color while all the rest are black.

Is that normal?

Thanks in advance

Fred

Image 1.png

8 minutes ago, Grenpara said:

But some show normal and others are blacked out thou I can use the few I tried.

I have attached a picture everything above the colored symbol show in color while all the rest are black.

Those assets appear black in the Assets panel because they are black.  They're still assets, and usable; just drag them onto your document.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

Those assets appear black in the Assets panel because they are black.  They're still assets, and usable; just drag them onto your document.

Hello Walt.Farrell,

Thanks for the fast reply to my "Stupidity".

I have not used software since it first came out so lost a lot of past knowledge.

I now understand with your and GarryP's help.

Thanks for all your help.
Its time for me to go back to basics to relearn the software.

Fred