You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Designer] How to revert to default with every new line?

Okay, so in Affinity Designer, let's say i click on an object I created. I goto STROKES -> PRESSURE then adjust the pressure to whatever look I want. I finish, hit Escape, goto the Pen tool to make the next lines. The problem is, the Brush is still on the STROKE/PRESSURE of the previous line. I have to now goto STROKES -> PRESSURE -> RESET to get it back to normal.

This also happens when I remove a Stroke. I click the object, goto STROKE, his the \ to remove the stroke, then fill the color. But now when I goto PEN to make a new line, the stroke is still turned off and I have to reactivate it.

How do I make it so every new line has the pen revert back to it's default state? Or have I been approaching my lines all wrong when it comes to hiding strokes and adjusting pressure?

4 minutes ago, Ray S. said:

There is an "Revert defaults"-Button on the menu-bar, the fifth from left (on windows), it looks like a "cloud" with a stroke.

Do I have to do this for every line?

And also - really quickly. I am trying to draw lines using brushes. I select the brush for Hair, make a line with pen tool. But then it just makes the same settings of line as my last image. I have to keep clicking on the Brush Hair icon to revert it. Any idea why this is? Do I always have to keep clicking on the appropriate brush to get the line to change to it? Or can i select it then start using the pen tool to make several lines? 

image.thumb.png.f8e2f911c238d9179e756a83c948c691.png

image.thumb.png.a59d6c620fc2cd8fe1c40d7f839ea154.png

image.png

• Staff
On 4/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, Videowolff said:
On 4/27/2020 at 10:11 AM, Ray S. said:

There is an "Revert defaults"-Button on the menu-bar, the fifth from left (on windows), it looks like a "cloud" with a stroke.

Do I have to do this for every line?

Affinity apps automatically use the last settings applied to your previous stroke when drawing the next, each time you want to not use these settings, you'll need to use the Revert Defaults option - however you can set this to a keyboard shortcut in Preferences so you can quickly perform this action.

On 4/27/2020 at 10:19 AM, Videowolff said:

And also - really quickly. I am trying to draw lines using brushes. I select the brush for Hair, make a line with pen tool. But then it just makes the same settings of line as my last image. I have to keep clicking on the Brush Hair icon to revert it. Any idea why this is? Do I always have to keep clicking on the appropriate brush to get the line to change to it? Or can i select it then start using the pen tool to make several lines? 

The brush you're using is likely a 'Textured Line Style' which can be applied to a Pen Curve, but cannot be drawn using it. If you wish to draw lines using this brush, I recommend using the Vector Brush Tool. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!