You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HOW CAN I EXPORT EPUB WITH AFFINITY PUBLISHER

Lend your voice to the epub file format request page here: 

In the meantime, from Affinity, export to PDF and use Calibre to export to EPUB

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2020 at 3:08 AM, firstdefence said:

Why would you use Affinity Publisher if you can use text editors that are more suited to the type of text required for export to ePub or that export directly to ePub, Mobi, Azw etc.

Because I am creating documents mostly for print, knew InDesign really well and transferred seamlessly to Affinity Publisher et al., and now need to make accessible documents, and just learned that EPUB is the easiest format for screen readers.  (My PDF documents are increasingly often also being posted to Web sites.)

Also, Google docs eliminates all the formatting when someone opens a PDF, destroying the aesthetics on which I worked so hard—though perhaps rather than make the actual file accessible, the staff person who is doing the accessible version should go ahead and do that through Google or Libre/Open Office.

Edited by SallijaneG
subsequent thought

9 hours ago, SallijaneG said:

Google docs eliminates all the formatting when someone opens a PDF, destroying the aesthetics on which I worked so hard—though perhaps rather than make the actual file accessible

One would think in such a modern era, the styling of a document could be easily maintained, especially from such as Google. I have seen a lot of ePubs that are literally illegible due to poor formatting or formatting ruined due to the platform it resides on stripping out formatting to simplify the content and personally, I do appreciate well formatted ePubs, it makes for a more pleasant reader experience.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 5:02 AM, forestbabel said:

I'm honestly really disappointed with Affinity Publisher for this one reason. It's often top of the list as the best Adobe InDesign alternative but doesn't have half the export file options. I literally downloaded it for this reason and after doing all my work I find out epub isn't supported. I hope they make this in an update soon, because otherwise I really enjoy how the program functions. I simply have no use for it, however, if it doesn't have epub options. 

I am exactly in the same situation. A lot (really a lot) of work and now crying for having not used Adobe (that I own).

Could someone resume the above discussion? I did not understand well. Is not any way to convert a full graphicAffinity Publisher book to ePub?

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

• 6 months later...

I'm with the people that want Publisher to have text format output options.  I've created five books in Publisher and it's my go-to publishing tool, BUT for this project I want to do a Kindle reflowable edition and need a doc, docx or rtf file.  I was actually shocked to find that NO CAN DO in Publisher.  Would this be so hard?  What's the problem?  

If I have to switch to another app -- meaning I have to export all my text via copy and paste -- then next time I won't bother with Publisher at all.  

• 2 months later...
On 3/15/2023 at 2:49 PM, VectorCat said:

ebooks are now a part of the publishing terrain…

Yes, but my understanding is that requirements for e-books and printing presses are different enough that conversion is really complex.  I don’t know enough to know how much extra infrastructure is required (Is something like InDesign that does both twice the size of Publisher?  What choices in the early stages commits a project to being either paper-optimized or web-optimized?), but if it is critical for some users, they should keep pushing.  I find in my work the tagged-PDF accessibility issues more important.  Lots of users with varied needs. . . .