You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

16 minutes ago, thomaso said:

To me alt activates the color picker but ctrl-alt let me change brush width (click-move left-right) and brush hardness (click-move up/down).

not for me, it change spacing and shape but not the brush size

And I'm aware of the shortcut PDF thing and so on, but the docs weren't really helpful

You can check what is setup in the related Affinity preferences under the keyboard shortcut settings and if something isn't setup the right way for you manipulate (change/reassign) the settings.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

17 minutes ago, Artcraft said:

it change spacing and hardness but not the brush size

maybe you did a single click before click-drag? With a single click when holding ctrl-alt you toggle between size/hardness > shape/spacing > rotation.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Well that was the issue. I didn't knew about this because obviously, I don't draw with my mouse and my pen doesn't have a right and left mouse button and still, by pressing my pen on my tablet and pushing the alt button i could change the brushsize for ...10minutes? then the function disappeared and now it's a colorpicker. The very reason I'm actually confused.