You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Asset Tab Being Shared at Two locations & Stock Tab Question.

Hello,

I work on the same documents both at the office and home using a portable Hard Drive. I was wondering if was possible to link one Assets file on the portable HD so I don't have keep reloading assets to keep both locations updated? Also I have a large number of image files I use everyday and wondered if it's possible to use the stock window to link to a folder in your system or a portable HD for easy access and searching.

Thanks,

-Kevin

The answer to both is no. Sorry.

For the Assets you would have to, at a minimum, copy the assets.propcol file from one system to your portable drive while Affinity is not running, then copy it onto your other system while Affinity is not running. Then reverse the process if you make any updates, to get the changes onto your other system again.

Where you would copy it from or to depends on your OS and where you purchased.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Sir, for your reply.

I figured the was going to be the only way.

It would be an immense help to have the Asset tab allow me to choose my own file path for the assets.propcol file, and then read and write to the file at that location... no need to export, copy, paste, then delete the old, and import new. When my Asset library of advertised items contains 3000 plus products, the file size is massive, and time involved in this process becomes prolonged.

The same goes with the stock tab. It would be great to have it work the same as with Unsplash (for example), but instead just searching a website I can search a directory on a local drive containing my own image assets.

-Kevin