You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to adjust brush size with drawing tablet pen

Hi,

hope someone could help me out with this! I'd need to be able to adjust the brush size in Photo while having pressure sensitivity enabled. Using Windows 10, Wacom Intuous pro, everything is updated.

If I add Photo to wacom settings, I do get pressure sensitivity working fine in Photo. However, if I have Photo added in Wacom, I'm not able to adjust pressure size in Photo by holding right+ alt+ drag.

When I remove Photo from wacom settings, I'm able to adjust the size by alt+drag. I have windows ink on, and pressure sensitivity enabled in Photo.
image.png.b262c4c1f72f2f131545e96f582d5663.png

image.png.7416ae7e7e62ad52d6d568c755d8a741.png

Try going to Preferences, Tools in Affinity Photo and turning off the Windows Ink option. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi, I need some help with this too. Windows Ink is off, but it didn't help me. I fount the following: In the Affinithy Phoro shortcut list it says; Decrease/increase brush with  >>  Right mouse + ALT + drag (left or wight). For the hardness its the same only need to drag up and down. If I do this with my mouse I need to push also the left button of the mouse, then it works. If I set this combination (ALT L + Left button + Right button) on one of the buttons of my pen it doesn't work.

I have a windows 10 PC with the latest Affinity Photo and a wacom tablet (intuos Pro L) with the latest firmware.

Regards, Rob.

@rwtfotografia, Try setting one of the buttons to just ALT+R-click.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

@Ron P. , I've tried this and didn't work. In fact it was the last one I tried. Because I had to go I turned of my PC. Now just turned it on and everything works fine. So I can adjust the size and hardness when I holddown the button on my pen and move it left or right or up or down.

Regards, 

Rob.