You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have had type lag and slightly weird laggy graphics tablet  issues with a pdf about 40meg in size - nothing strange with a brand new document.

Tracking back and have tested this for 10 mins solid  this morning, I have a SOLUTION that works for me.

I stopped having the HYPERLINKS panel open. Closed it and everything I type appears immediately.

I repeated opening and closing this panel and each time I closed it, typing was spot on and no laggy dragging with my Wacom Graphics tablet.(small Intuos Blue Tooth)

The panel has a mix of well over 60 links from URLS to Anchors - each page of the pdf has a link back to contents page - about 50 pages at present.

I have a 2012 upgraded iMac (16 meg RAM), running High Sierra as latest incarnations wont run my favourite software and the toys there are not really needed by me.

The solution seems constant with repeatable results.  - I hope this helps someone out there.

techie bit: with Hyperlinks panel showing, very laggy with cpu = 100%, with solution - cpu drops to around 50% - and I have stopped swearing!

Result.

Hello Callum,

First off not familiar with tagging @

Background - I edit a weekly pdf for a camera club. It runs when finished around 60 pages and creates a publisher document around 45meg.

Then I started to add hyperlinks to navigate around the finished pdf - easily done in Publisher. At first di not realise this would cause type lag.

Experiment showed that closing the Hyperlink panel cured the problem - only open now as and when needed. No type lag.

I enclose a short video - trust that helps.

If you want follow up - please do contact me.

Steve