You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replace Picture Open Folder is empty

AFPUB 1.8.4.648  OS X 10.15.3

This continues to happen since October 2019 report. I have a file folder with all the pictures I'm using in the document. They are embedded. Now, when I go to replace a picture with another, AFPUB opens the correct folder but shows that the folder is empty (it's not really empty). You then have to click that folder in the dialogue (normally not necessary) and then you get the list of files in that folder. I have never seen that happen with any other software or when just using the OS X software (Finder). I have only seen that problem with AFPUB and only when replacing a picture. Just wondering if that might be AFPUB or something in OS X (haven't changed OS X version in the past 2 years). I believe that this may only happen the first time you need to replace a picture - and that the whole file list is visible thereafter without having to click the resource folder during the "Open"

There isn't much to see - so no screen shot - just opens the folder but doesn't list the files inside - just shows a blank file name column in the "Columns" mode.

I have seen this on occasion with folders on external hard drives. Also, it seems to be more likely after the machine has been asleep a few times. This is with most Applications I have and the Finder as well. My routine is to 'wake-up' (just open a finder window and select the drive is enough) the external drives if the machine has been asleep.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.