You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicated items incease in stroke width when printed

I've experienced this issue ever since I started using designer and I don't know why it's happening.

If I drawing a flower for example. I create a petal. I duplicate this layer, rotate it, then power duplicate it until I get a full flower.

Everything looks great on screen, but when I print my document, the stroke of each duplicated element gets thicker and thicker.

I've searched online, searched in the forums, but not found any solutions. Not really sure what to search for, so if this issue has already been tackled can you point me in the right direction?

I've recently transitioned from Adobe Illustrator and I'm getting really frustrated with this issue as in order to create repeated designs, I'm having to draw each element individually to get it to work.

Attached is a photo of my printed flower and what I see on screen. In this examples the dotted and plain lines are the issue. As I've duplicated them around, the stroke of each has increased a little each time. As I said this does NOT show up on the screen, only when I print the document. When I check the settings for each line, everything is identical.

20200424_175451.jpg

• Staff

Hi Milomade,

Can you attach the document you're trying to print please? Also what printer are you using?

To work around it in the meantime can you try printing with the 'Rasterise Entire Page' option ticked under the Rasterization options in the Print dialog - I believe this should allow you to print correctly

Apologies in the delay in replying. I installed the latest update and then the issue went away. So hoping that's that fixed now as I've had the issue with quite a few files and I thought it might be to do with the fact they were originally created in Adobe Illustrator.