You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colours in jpg not the same as in Publisher

Hello I'm new to the Affinity Suite. I have some very old Serif legacy software, and currently primarily use Craft Artist Professional. As it doesn't like Windows 10 much I'm having a look at Affinity via the free trial.

I exported this page into jpg format but the colour in the jpg is not the same as the colour in the Affinity Publisher software. The colour inside Affinity is correct (the same as the colour of the original jpg background and photo etc that was imported into it).

what have I done wrong?

test.jpg

Edited by Angela Toucan

Without having your APublisher document and the image I would guess, that the image is RGB, whereas the APublisher document is set up in CMYK. Both colour spaces are not identical, so this is why there are differences.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

10 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Without having you APublisher document and the image I would guess, that the image is RGB, whereas the APublisher document is set up in CMYK. Both colour spaces are not identical, so this is why there are differences.

+1

RGB has a wider colour gamut as well and can achieve brighter more vivid colours. Have customers all the time question why their proofs do not have specific colours that look as vibrant as what they sent in and it is always because what they sent in is RGB and it will never print that way on CMYK printers. Only way I am hitting those colours is on my 12 colour Epson wide format printer and that is because it prints RGB.