You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Different results between group of adjustment layer with mask group (AP)

Hello, i'm a new user of Affinity Suite (Affinity Photo is used in this case), but i'm already a Photoshop user for almost 10 years for retouching photo.

I'm already aware that different software will have a slightly different workflow, and i'm still trying to adjust my set of PS workflow to the Affinity Photo.
I already searching on the forum about this problem i'm encountering now, and i only found that it is already possible to have a Group of Adjustment Layer with only one mask (to replicate clipping adjustment layer to below feature in PS), but i have different result between these two workflow that i'm already tried. 

I just want to ask, is it the expected behaviour in AP, or is it a bug? Or if there is a mistake in my approach/setup, the mask in both setup is identical BTW.
I hope the image that i'm attach is clear enough to show what i'm trying to ask. I'm still trying and prefer to get the second setup right because it make adjustment image more simple and i'm only have to deal with one mask for a group of adjustment.

Setup_1.thumb.png.60a6c555298e8b4eb178e53546dd2dd7.pngSetup_2.thumb.png.c05f54fc757703468fbf823c7ef3a7b2.png

And pardon me for my messy English because it is not my main language.
Thank you in advance 🙏

32 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi sandyadriadi,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Both should look the same (as the top image). Do you mind uploading the afphoto file using this link for us to check please?

thx for quick reply MEB 🙏

Yes, i could upload the afphoto for you to check, do you mind if i resize the document a bit? the file size is quite big because it's still a full size image from my camera?

Done!

I don't know if this information helps or not:

• The document was created in AP 1.8.3, but i already tried the same setup in the 1.8.4 beta.
  • I'm saving the document as Multi-Layered TIFF file (not afphoto or PSD) because i do roundtrip the file from and to Capture One, and it is the file format that supported  by C1 and while retain all the adjustment layer editability (as PSD sometime rasterized some of the adjustment layer upon save, LUT adjustment for example).

Once again, thx for your reply MEB.

Edited by sandyadriadi

Ah i see, i hope it'll get fixed soon as it is quite an important/handy feature IMO.

Is there any workarounds for now to resolve the issue other than copying and pasting mask (e.g blend modes, layer order, etc)?