You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrap photo across planes of isometric box possible

Hello, I'm working on mockups for boxes and I need to wrap a label across multiple sides/planes. ie a photo covers the top plane and continues to wrap across the side plane. I don't seem to be able to make that happen. 

I understand that images can be fit with the edit in plane option to work for one plane, but can it wrap to another plane? One work around would be to fit the image with edit in plane then repeat with the same image onto the other plane and move one plane around till it matches the other seamlessly. Unfortunately this is not the solution that would work for me because some graphics will wrap on 3 planes and having to move and align in 3 planes for subsequent adjustments with multiple graphics will be a bit too time intensive. I did see an affinity photo demo video showing wrapping across multiple shapes created with perspective to form a box gave a good result. If designer can't provide wrapping functionality across planes for isometric shapes then I will go with affinity photo for now.  

Thanks

What you can do really depends on the specifics but you can use the Isometric tools to put an image on an isometric shape quite easily, see attached video.
You will need to plan ahead to get the correct bit of the image on the correct box face but that shouldn’t be too much trouble.

P.S. You might want to change your user name to avoid harvester bots getting your email address.

Oh thanks for the reply. This works great if you plan ahead like you say. It does't provide the option to adjust the image across planes.

This process will work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNq6eZqd-t8&list=PL3cnFgknxUpWvBzNF8nRkWBETllp995ge&index=18&t=545s

ps, Thanks I changed my username. (By default the settings in profile wouldnt let me change my user name till I posted something. Bit of a catch 22)

1183282427_ScreenShot2020-04-23at6_22_36PM.thumb.png.0135326e7cf6deee9d967aa7b5067d29.png

@GarryP

I have been looking for a method to wrap pics around a box for a long time, could not find it.

So, a HUGE THANK YOU !

I managed to get the example in the top one right, but for the life of me, I can't get the

example of the bottom film right - the picture just won't move at all.

I figure I must have forgotten to do one step or more but I don't know which or what.

Would it be too much to ask of you to post a step-by-step film of the lower film ?

I would be most grateful, thank you so much.

Stay safe !

C.L.

catlover: What I have in the second video is pretty much what I have in the first video, except:
* before duplicating the image, make it into a Symbol;
* when you want to move the image, open one of the nested Symbol layers (as in the second video) and select the Image layer before manipulating it (rather than moving the Symbol layer itself).