You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

German Single Page PDF export

Hi there,
i know how to export single page pdfs  that´s not the problem.

But i am over and over again explaining people how to do that.
Because the words the settings uses is not so clear for so many people.
Many printshops use the word "Einzelseiten" and so people search for that exact term and don´t find it.

So how about changing "Alle Seiten" to "Alle Einzelseiten" which would clarify what exactly is happening with this setting?

Joshua

image.png

+1 Agree.

And: Why "Alle"? Doesn't it rather mean "as" ("als"), offering in the next field to specify the range ("Area", "Bereich")? –> "Print AS pages/spreads", not: "print ALL pages/spreads". So, it's just odd to select either "All" or "current" in this menu which is labeled "Area" – whereas the area indeed gets defined in the line below, which is labeled "Pages". Weird.

In fact the two labels "Area" and "Pages" are confusing already, because "Pages" are treated by this UI as a part of "Area" – whereas indeed the Pages ARE the Area, not part of the Area.

Tatsächlich sind schon die zwei Bezeichnungen "Bereich" und "Seiten" verwirrend, denn hier wird "Seiten" als Teil von "Bereich" behandelt, während sie inhaltlich eher Synonyme sind: Die Seiten SIND der Bereich, sie sind nicht Teil des Bereichs. Vielleicht sollte die Bezeichnung "Bereich" stattdessen eher "Format" oder "Seitenformat" heißen, welches hier ausgewählt wird. Und darunter der Bereich (die Seiten, der Seitenbereich).

3 radio-buttons would make it more simple + faster to choose:  (+ I'd appreciate if it would remember the recent choice😞

Format:   O  Spread (Druckbogen)    O  Page (Einzelseite)   O  Current Page (Aktuelle Seite)

Das deutsche Sprachverständnis war auch schon über den Begriff "Layoutseiten" gestolpert. Sind nicht ALLE Seiten auch Layoutseiten, egal ob Einzel- oder Doppelseiten? – Interessant ist, dass die britische Programmversion den Begriff  "Spread" ("Druckbogen") verwendet, obwohl man auch dort in "Layout Pages" denken könnte.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

oh wow i didn´t notice that already in the beta some people were noticing that problem.
I can agree on your suggestions that they would make that even better.

Let´s see hopefully they come around to do that pretty soon.