You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7 Elliptical Marquee Tool HEEEELP!

I'm trying to use the tool to select a car tire so I can blur the tire to simulate it spinning. VERY frustrated and here's why:

1. After selecting the elliptical tool, I click on the left side of the tire and drag the cursor, and the outline of the selection does not stay snapped to where I initially clicked. In other words, the entire selection point moves to the left as I drag the cursor to the right. Also, there is no way for me to accurately refine the selection. When I press the "v" key, as shown in a video on how to refine the selection, the bounding box drag points show up, but when I select one and try to use it the underlying selection distorts badly. I'm moving the actual photo and NOT the bounding box points. I've tried pressing the space bar, alt key, shift, function etc and nothing works. Is there a way to select just the POINTS to adjust the selection and not effect the underlying photo. It seems such an easy thing to want to do but implementation is NOT intuitive.

Do you mean something like this?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions