You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to select layers on each artwork not all artboard

In ADesigner the Layers Panel always contains + shows all artboards existing in a document, so the layers panel treats the document as 1 large area, just visually separated into artboard layers, according to the artboard rectangles in the document window.

I might misunderstand your goal, but to me – even without having any object selected on canvas – only the layers of that artboard become selected with "Select All" which is currently selected or contains a recently selected object. Note the UI can show three slightly different colors for an artboard selection state: gray / dimmed blue / obvious blue. (blue, or whatever color you have set as selection color in your OS). I am not able to have none selected + to see all Artboard layers colored gray in the layers panel) – This is in macOS, possibly it works different in Windows?

If it's about coloring artboard layers you can right-click on a (Artboard-) layer and choose a color from the bottom of the context menu. Applied to an Artboard layer it will show a colored mark on its containing layers, too.

289643258_artboardlayercolors.jpg.70f0938122928d7bdb020ee28ce93fcc.jpg

In case you want to be able to exclude artboards from their appearance in the layers panel, you might like to add your request to this thread:

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Actually I am not able to achieve the appearance of your screenshot. Instead ...
– With "Select All", Cmd-A and/or with Move-Tool-dragging: I see the object selection for 1 (current) artboard only.
– With selection of all layers within the Layers Panel: I see the selection rectangle around all artboard rectangles but not limited to heir containing objects only.

So again I wonder if there is difference between macOS and Windows. Maybe a forums Windows user will shed more light ...

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1