You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OneDrive for Business problem with new Affinity documents

Hullo,

At our organisation, we have OneDrive for Business set up with the standard Windows user Documents, Photos and Desktop folders redirected to folders in the root of OneDrive for Business.

When we create a new Affinity document (in any of the three applications) and save it to the redirected Documents folder in OneDrive, then log off and back on again, OneDrive throws up an error message (see attached image).

• This does not happen when opening existing Affinity documents already saved into these folders in OneDrive.
  • Clicking either "Try Again" or "Download" doesn't have any effect. The message closes then comes up again straight away.
  • This problem does not happen if the document is saved into OneDrive outside of these redirected folders.
  • Rebooting the computer gets rid of the error message until a new document is created again.
  • The error is specific to the user. If I log on as User 1 and create a new Affinity document, I get the error when logging off / back on as User 1. I do not get the error if I log off and then on as User 2.

This is on a W10 1909 computer with all the latest MS updates (build 18363.720), the latest build of OneDrive for Business (19.232.1124.0012) and the latest version of Affinity (e.g. Designer v1.8.3.641).

Does anyone have any similar experiences?

Thanks,

Tim

OneDrive Affinity error.jpg

• Staff

Hi Tim Butterworth :)

This certainly isn't something I've come across before, however it does sound as though it could be related to the OneDrive issues that Microsoft introduced with one of their more recent updates, which caused PCs to bluescreen when launching Affinity and other apps.

Could you please read through the below link and try the suggestions here, to see if this improves things for you?

Many thanks in advance!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/-onedrive-cannot-connect-to-windows-error-when-accessing-files-in-onedrive-7c5b675f-555e-4aa1-b4d8-554698c2c2b9?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

20 hours ago, Dan C said:

Hi Tim Butterworth :)

This certainly isn't something I've come across before, however it does sound as though it could be related to the OneDrive issues that Microsoft introduced with one of their more recent updates, which caused PCs to bluescreen when launching Affinity and other apps.

Could you please read through the below link and try the suggestions here, to see if this improves things for you?

Many thanks in advance!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/-onedrive-cannot-connect-to-windows-error-when-accessing-files-in-onedrive-7c5b675f-555e-4aa1-b4d8-554698c2c2b9?ui=en-us&rs=en-gb&ad=gb

Thanks for your reply. I've now run through the MS fixes but with no success unfortunately.

The first part gave the result that the service is running as expected:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers>sc query cldflt

SERVICE_NAME: cldflt
        TYPE               : 2  FILE_SYSTEM_DRIVER
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

When I ran through the next step, it tells me that the volume that needs to be present already exists. However, in the registry on my PC is has a different value for the key below (it's: 0300000001000000 - see below).

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Data
    41960B29A3BC0C75    REG_BINARY    0300000001000000

C:\windows\system32>Fltmc attach cldflt C:

Attach failed with error: 0x801f0012
An instance already exists with this name on the volume specified.

One thing that may help diagnose the problem. For our pupil accounts, we have set a GPO that forces Files on Demand to be switched on. I've just updated the OneDrive client to the latest consumer build and see that our Group Policy no longer forces Files on Demand. If I switch it off, the error no longer comes up.

Should Serif Affinity normally support Files on Demand?

Thanks,

Tim