You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resetting rotation with touch pen

ashf

I would like you to check see if rotation reset by double clicking the rotation handle with a touch pen works.
Someone reporting it's not working.

According to him, the PC is:
Sony Vaio Z Canvas / Windows 8
and the pen is bundled one.

ad-reset-rotation.png

• Staff

Hi ashf,

This works with a mouse so I presume the user is using the pen rather than a mouse? It sounds like the Windows Ink issue that is stopping certain things from working (such as node insertion).

If they turn off 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' in Preferences > Tools it should work, but this will probably affect other things such as pressure input.

1 hour ago, Sean P said:

Hi ashf,

This works with a mouse so I presume the user is using the pen rather than a mouse? It sounds like the Windows Ink issue that is stopping certain things from working (such as node insertion).

If they turn off 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input' in Preferences > Tools it should work, but this will probably affect other things such as pressure input.

He is using Windows 8 that doesn't have Windows Ink as I said, but the setting still affects?
Also he says he installed Microsoft's pen driver to enable pen pressure sensing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi ashf,

As far as I'm aware it cannot be disabled in Windows, however the option in Affinity to use 'Windows Ink' does rely on having it also enabled in the Wacom Drivers. However disabling it in Affinity will cause us to ise WinTab to interpret the commands coming from the Wacom and not Windows Ink.

20 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi ashf,

As far as I'm aware it cannot be disabled in Windows, however the option in Affinity to use 'Windows Ink' does rely on having it also enabled in the Wacom Drivers. However disabling it in Affinity will cause us to ise WinTab to interpret the commands coming from the Wacom and not Windows Ink.

I heard that enabling Windows Ink on both Affinity and Wacom cause operation problem such as this rotation reset by double clicking.
So they end up enabling either of one, mostly Wacom's.

Is that common?

• Staff

We''re having a lot of issues reported using Windows Ink (such as the one you mentioned). All you need to do is just disable Windows Ink inside Affinity using Edit > Preferences > Tools and uncheck 'Use Windows Ink for tablet input'. This will tell Affinity to use the WinTab input (which is what 1.7 used) - they can leave 'Use Windows Ink' enabled inside the Wacom tablet properties.