You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PCL6 Prints incorrect, PS Prints OK

Hello,

if I print lines on my HP Printer with PCL6 Printer, the lines on the screen and preview are correct but an paper they are 10 times bigger.
If I print them on the same printer with PS (postscript), then they are correct.
Same after PDF convert, all lines ok.

So where is the problem to print correct on PCL printers ??

correct.jpg shows print after PS or PDF and is as shown on the screen
incorrect.jpg shows print after PCL6, but first the preview shows correct

Regards

correct.jpg

incorrect.jpg

@Sean P

I have tried a new document (see attachments) with only a few lines and set them to 2.8pt, that was all.
Same problem and tested with 4 different printers.

First Pic shows that, what I see also on the screen and print preview and it is a print with Postscript.
Second Pic shows print with NonPostscript printers.

I have some printers without PS and need PCL / NonPS printing.

PS.jpg

PCL.jpg

Version.jpg

Test.afdesign <= Document for Testing ....

Edited by NetSecond.net

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi NetSecond.net,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I thought I had replied but I didn't. I have tried your document, but the only printer I currently have access to due to having to work from home is a HP Deskjet 3050a which I'm unable to find a non-postscript setting on. I did try printing your document with the Virtual Printers from Apple's XCode, but they didn't show the issue either.

If you're aware of any non-postscript virtual printers that also replicate the issue I will be more than happy to take a long. However without being able to reproduce it is a bit tricky for development to investigate.

What is you printers name? I printed the document with correct stroke width on a HP 5035 PCL6 and a Kyocera FS-C5030N with PCL 5 XL.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed