You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer crashes when using Font family or Font size

Hi,

Since updating the latest version of Affinity Designer (1.83) the system crashes when using Font Family or Font size.

It happens in a new document and in a document previously made and already saved.

I work on a iMac (17 inch, late 2012) using macOS Catalina version 10.15.4

I also send you the crash report.

Hope you can solve this problem for me, since I'm not able to finish my work.

Kind regards,
Mariecke 

crash-affinity-designer.docx

Same problem... Affinity Designer crashes when manipulating Font Family and Font Size.  I recently installed several Google Fonts and just use Font Book to manage fonts.  I experimented with I uninstalling recently installed fonts despite needing them for my current project, but this did not fix the issue.

Steps to recreate:

Create new web doc (size doesn't appear to be a factor), create a text box, type text and highlight, change font family (font family drop down is acting badly- it closes itself the instant the highlight changes), select a new font size, and affinity Designer crashes.

Crash log attached... help!

CrashLog.pdf

Edited by megootz

• Staff

Hi megootz, Mariecke,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
I believe you are using Separated Mode. Can you confirm please? Also, do you have more that one document opened at a time (in Separated Mode)? Are you able to replicate the crash if you exit Separated Mode or only if in Separated Mode with only one document opened? Thanks.

• Staff

Hi Mariecke,
Separated Mode (accessible going to menu Window > Separated Mode) lets you split the interface elements and document windows in separate parts so you can have for example two document windows side by side (on macOS). I can reproduce the crash in this mode but not on regular (windowed) mode.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi megootz,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Thank you for your feedback. You can still use Separated Mode if you wish as long as you only have one document opened at a time or in case you have several go to menu Window > Merge All Windows to group all documents into a single document window within Separated Mode.