You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Apub (and PDF) placed: need percentage for display/correct size

Hi,

When placing a APub file in another one, the "minimum content" take in account hidden or cropped elements that go behond the page and bleed of the original document.

It shouldn't, since a page with such element will be placed at a smaller/larger size than the other.

For correcting this, we need to be able to set the height and witdh percentage of the placed document, as we can do with images.

2020-04-22_114241.png.b1cc7b0bf68330960a7130bd8d8b69cd.png

Original page of 10×10 cm. Elements/objects larger than the page are croped, and the group that contains them  is croped too.

The other pages don't have objects going outside the page or the bleed, so they are displayed at the same size.
But this page does, and it's smaller. It shouldn't.

2020-04-22_113130.thumb.png.efaf3bbb99d2356bd321137e66b002e0.png

The only way to correct this since there's no display percentage, is adding guides or a shape at the right size and trying to enlarge the page until it fits. :S

And next time I modify this page, I'll have to do it again… and same for other pages if objects go out of the page area.

Now, the fun part: I decided to use the resources manager to replace the linked APub file by a PDF of this same document. Each page is at a different size !!!

2020-04-22_121031.thumb.png.ee321255ed4a1e6a7296727c3f72c743.png

Please, add way to get hold of what happen in our document. This means every time one of the app plays with size of objects or contents, we need to be able to check it, modify it or restore it.
I was doing this project in APub since I didn't have the original ID files, but such problems confirm it's not possible to us it as it is unless we want to waste a lot of time.

And now another bug: I used a dummy version of my document to do the test with importing the PDF.

But didn't closed the 24 pages document. When I reopen the original document, APub want to update the linked file (that I didn't modify further, only saved), and APub is unable to display other page than the page 1 a a ridiculous small size.

2020-04-22_123230.png.e0de5333aae004c7e1ebfdd3e2b38f04.png