You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Absturz bei Auswahl des Schriftfamilie unter Textstil bearbeiten

as27

Im using the German version, so I write this report in German. If you want I could also translate it to English.

Affinity Designer Version 1.8.3.641

Bug lässt sich reproduzieren:

- Affinity Designer starten

- Neues Dokument anlegen

- Auf Menü Textstile gehen Auswahl Grundlage 

- Untermenü Schrift auswählen

- Klick auf Schriftfamilie --> Affinity Designer friert ein und muss über den Task Manager beendet werden.

Erstinstallation des AD war unter Version 1.7. Die Installation erfolgt über den Microsoft Store.

Ich habe bereits einmal Affinity Designer deinstalliert und erneut installiert, aber das Problem bleibt.

System ist ein Dell Latitude. 

Was kann die Ursache für den Absturz sein? 

• Staff

Hi as27,

I've just tried this myself and not getting any form of crashing. Do you get a similar crash if you create a text object and display the Font menu on the context toolbar? Are you using any form of Font Management on your machine?

Are you able to get a screen recording showing the crash at all please?

-------

Hallo as27,

Ich habe es gerade selbst versucht und keine Form von Absturz bekommen. Erhalten Sie einen ähnlichen Absturz, wenn Sie ein Textobjekt erstellen und das Menü Schriftart in der Kontextsymbolleiste anzeigen? Verwenden Sie irgendeine Form der Schriftverwaltung auf Ihrem Computer?

Können Sie bitte eine Bildschirmaufnahme mit dem Absturz erhalten?

Hi Sean,

thanks for your quick response. So I recorded the crash. I show that I am able to change the fonts for a text. Just when I want to make this with the font templates.

The last click let AD freeze and I had to kill the app via the task manager.

Just tried the same with Affinity Publisher and the same happens.

Maybe I should deinstall the whole Affinity Suite and reinstall it afterwards...

Are there some special folder, which I could remove manually?

• Staff

It's very unlikely an uninstall/reinstall will work - I have a feeling it could be choking on a font you may have installed.

Is this something you've only noticed start happening? If so have you installed or do you use any Font Management software? Have there been any fonts you've recently installed that you could try removing?

• Staff
12 hours ago, as27 said:

Thank you. 

No I don't have a Font Management Software. But I removed all my extra fonts and now everything works.

I will add the fonts step by step to find the wrong font.

Wonderful when you find the font please let us know - we can get it investigated and pass on to development then! 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 7:44 PM, 25a said:

Hi, I have the same Problems, Can you tell me witch font causes the Problem?

Publisher Version 1.10.5.1342
WIN 10

Hello,
have you arleady solved the problem? At the moment my system is also f***ed up, but i have no idea why.

2 hours ago, oaartig said:

Hello,
have you arleady solved the problem? At the moment my system is also f***ed up, but i have no idea why.

I would suggest checking the FAQs, especially those tagged as Known Issue. This one is probably relevant (and the subject of many recent topics): 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Jürgen52 said:

Bei mir gibt es das gleiche Problem. Stand heute habe ich die aktuellste Version von Publisher. Sobald ich die ersten Buchstaben eines Fonts eingebe, schließt sich Publisher vollständig, ohne irgendwelche Fehlermeldungen. 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

At this point, your resolutions for this Microsoft bug are described in the FAQ I referenced in the post above yours. It is not known yet whether Serif will try to work around Microsoft's problem somehow in a patch, or rely on Microsoft to fix the issue. But the FAQ provides two workarounds.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1