You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I have the problem that .otf fonts installed with the FontExpert (from Proxima Software) font-manager are no longer available in ALL affinity products after installing the font and restarting the pc twice (see screen). The fonts are available in ALL other applications such as Photoshop or MS word …. (???)

Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

screen.png

In the Tools menu FontExpert has a Detect Font Problems tool.
What does it show for those particular fonts?

FontExpert can just Activate fonts temporarily or Install permanently.

It also has a plug-in for Adobe to automatically activate fonts found in a document.
So that could be activating the un-installed fonts.

Not sure why they would appear on Word (unless it was because the Adobe plug-in activated the fonts).

Do the fonts appear in the Windows Font Manager?

Hey,

thank you for the tips - here are the answers to your questions:

„In the Tools menu FontExpert has a Detect Font Problems tool.

What does it show for those particular fonts?“

--> NO ERRORS

„FontExpert can just Activate fonts temporarily or Install permanently.“

--> Yes I know. I installed the fonts permanent.

„It also has a plug-in for Adobe to automatically activate fonts found in a document.

So that could be activating the un-installed fonts.“

--> I tested it, but the fonts are available correctly in Adobe Illustrator, Indesign and Photoshop.

Not sure why they would appear on Word (unless it was because the Adobe plug-in activated the fonts).

--> Only in affinity designer, photo and publisher the .otf fonts are not correctly available. in all other programs the fonts are displayed correctly.

Do the fonts appear in the Windows Font Manager?

--> Yes, the fonts appear in the Windows Font Manager

It is really crazy and I cannot explain it ... after installing an .orf font with FontExpert - first the font is normally available in affinity products then after restarting the PC it is also available in all affinity products ... but then after the second restart the font is no longer available, but it is only there in the affity applications in all other programs the .orf fonts are available.

???????? I'm grateful for every idea

I think I know what the issue is ...

When installing fonts using FontExpert, by default the font files are left where they are located (not copied to the Fonts folder).
Upon re-start I think that APub is not seeing the fonts which are not located in the standard Windows Font folder(s).

Try this:
- Un-install the fonts in FontExpert
- Right-click to re-install the fonts and select the second Install item (the one with the checkmark next to it).
- This will display a dialog - check the box "Copy files to system fonts folder"
- Then click the Install button

That will install the fonts into the Windows Fonts folder.
Test to see if that survives a re-start.
My guess is that will fix your issue.

282/5000

Hello and thanks for the proposed solution. Yes, that's how it works ... but corresponds to copying the font into the Windows font folder. Then in the end I don't need a Fontamanger ... but that's exactly what I want. I want to manage my fonts with FontXpert.

Hello, sorry - I think I was wrong.

I can install and uninstall fonts with the Font Manager "FontExpert". However, the fonts installed in this way are no longer available in the Affinity products after a double restart. And only in the affinity products ... the fonts are available in all other applications.

If I move fonts in the Windows fonts folder, these are also permanently available in the affinity products. But I would like to install the fonts with the fontmanager "FontExpert" and uninstall it again if necessary.

I hope I have made myself clear.

3 hours ago, tobi99 said:

But I would like to install the fonts with the fontmanager "FontExpert" and uninstall it again if necessary.

That is what I meant above - you should be able to do this with FontExpert (I can).
I installed fonts with FontExpert and checked the box "Copy files to system fonts folder"
Then I un-installed the fonts using FontExpert (and the font files were removed from the Fonts folder as expected).
The original font files which I installed are still located in the original location.
So I do not understand the problem.