You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please make the toolbar moveable, dockable, repositionable, sticky--however you'd like to say it. 

I'm right-handed and it never made any sense to my why PS had their toolbar on the lefthand side of the workspace. This requires moving the mouse back and forth from the panel area to the toolbar. Since they made the toolbar dockable, I moved to to the right side of the screen, docking it to the left side of the panels. It makes a world of difference and eliminates one little workflow annoyance. Anyone wanting to keep the toolbar on the lefthand side could do so but I'd really like the option to dock it on the right. Thanks!

pstools.jpg

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

In case it helps, though you cannot Dock the tools on the right, you can undock the Tools panel from the left and drag it over to the right and float it there. Using the View menu, disable View > Dock Tools and then you can drag the panel somewhere else.

image.png.933dcc26d69582c509204c0243b6a393.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you, Walt! I nominate you for a Nobel Prize! This solves half of the problem. (I also see the value in displaying the tools in a single column rather than the two columns the floating toolbar uses.) Maybe Affinity can consider the other 1/2.

I just purchased the app and though I have certification as an Adobe PS Expert, I'm getting my feet wet with Affinity Photo. I never bought into the Adobe subscription model; I'd no sooner rent software than I would rent someone else's pants. I also recommended the Affinity programs to my photo club so if a flood of hundreds of thousands of orders come in today, I, modestly, probably deserve the credit (tee-hee).

Thanks, again!

You're welcome.

View > Customize Tools will let you specify the number of columns, but if you configure it for 1 column you'll lose the color wells at the bottom. It's up to you whether that' important, of course :)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Sorry, I've no idea what that panel does or why one would use it.

-- Walt
PC:

I used to use Paths in Photoshop. You can get vector paths and shapes in Photo by using the Pen tool. They would just show up in the Layers panel. There is no specific Paths panel. Photoshop paths also have more functionality (that I can see) that possibly Serif could add down the road, like converting a path to a selection and vice versa.