You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lines show in outline mode but not in vector or pixel mode

Not all lines show in my artwork, even though (afaik) they all share the same colour, stroke, transparency, etc. They are selectable though, and show up in outline mode. This persists through reboots, the version is 1.8.3.

Image uploads fail for some reason, but I included the file in question.

I am a novice with with AD, what am I missing?

Side View.afdesign

Edited by messismore

Just now, messismore said:

Image uploads fail for some reason, but I included the file in question.

The file upload also failed, zero bytes in the file.

If you can select the strokes do so and then go to the stroke panel and set a size also check the pressure profile while you are there, sometimes things get messed up in that.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

The file upload also failed, zero bytes in the file.

If you can select the strokes do so and then go to the stroke panel and set a size also check the pressure profile while you are there, sometimes things get messed up in that.

I was able to fix the upload, it should work now. From what I can tell, stroke and pressure are consistent between lines that show and those that don't.

6 minutes ago, MEB said:

The uploads on the forum seem to be failing at the moment. Do you mind uploading the file again using this link instead please? Thank you.

Hi MEB, thank you. I just uploaded the files.

You have some sort of masking going on which is hiding the lines. I am guessing this artwork is from some other program (CAD/CAM perhaps).

807575617_ScreenShot2020-04-21at8_09_25AM.png.9adf014b698d02b9deee2ebffe46c3a3.png

you can see the thin blue line which is the selection of the grey line at the top right, it just fades away. If you copy that line and then make a new document from the line you don't get the fade.

So where did you generate the drawing, probably a messed up Export and Import.

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

Further to this, I think it is the layer.

Group all the lines then move them out of the layer.

94772748_ScreenShot2020-04-21at8_20_56AM.png.e447fdb799ef126c4ca8fd6d25597b8d.png

1473092417_ScreenShot2020-04-21at8_21_06AM.png.c55d9022f8d99d1b799f743598e68e66.png

338465514_ScreenShot2020-04-21at8_21_19AM.png.011ce2c7513dbd0281f6f43544e2cee7.png