You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Persona and Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S have different results.

Export Persona and Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S have different results.
Export Persona A white frame forms around the edges of the picture. If the same file is saved via
Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S then everything is fine.
At the same time, neither the file size nor its position is indicated in pixels (the numbers are integer, not fractional).

001.PNG.d0a7fb8930a87e9fc8d61067f7c5b9e6.PNG

Placed two files saved in jpeg. Left saved via Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S right via Export Persona.

002.PNG.e1a0e3e15aa58c6f9c9559f506e2ff59.PNG

The program has the ability to save files as a group, but as a result, you have to do it manually one at a time :(

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

Do you mean Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S, @Max N? Or have you changed the keyboard shortcuts?

Ctrl+S would normally be Save, not Export, and gives a .afdesign file unless you started by editing a .jpg file.

Regarding the Transform panel: the number of decimal places shown is controlled in your Preferences. How many decimals have you asked to be shown for px measurements?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Do you mean Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S, @Max N? Or have you changed the keyboard shortcuts?

Ctrl+S would normally be Save, not Export, and gives a .afdesign file unless you started by editing a .jpg file.

Regarding the Transform panel: the number of decimal places shown is controlled in your Preferences. How many decimals have you asked to be shown for px measurements?

Yes. Right. Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S.
The number of characters has not changed
(1).

003.PNG.3d18f6eb72521524d3e9bd9766f13842.PNG

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Hi Max N,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the document you're trying to export that is giving the differences so we can check please. What settings are you using in both the Export dialog (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) and the Export Persona?

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Max N,

Would you be able to attach a copy of the document you're trying to export that is giving the differences so we can check please. What settings are you using in both the Export dialog (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S) and the Export Persona?

Can I link to your cloud or mail, where can I send the file, so that I would not share it with others?

Windows 11 64-bit,

• Staff

Thanks for the file Max N - this isn't a bug, but a side effect of your artboards not being completely pixel aligned.

Your preferences show the Pixel decimal places set to 1. When this is set to 1, it will round the values up (to a whole number). Unfortunately this is disguising the artboard positions being off pixel. If you change this to 3 decimal places and select each artboard you will notice they are not integers. If you correct these (remove the decimal places and round them up, you will find that the white space no longer gets added.

11 hours ago, Sean P said:

Thanks for the file Max N - this isn't a bug, but a side effect of your artboards not being completely pixel aligned.

Your preferences show the Pixel decimal places set to 1. When this is set to 1, it will round the values up (to a whole number). Unfortunately this is disguising the artboard positions being off pixel. If you change this to 3 decimal places and select each artboard you will notice they are not integers. If you correct these (remove the decimal places and round them up, you will find that the white space no longer gets added.

Can I get rid of a side effect? For example, to make sure that when saving the program itself would see the white lines that appeared, and itself would round the numbers down to integers? As it does when saving through Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S. The program can do this.
Saving in two different ways gives two different files. This does not happen. This is problem. I can save the file in Word (or any other program) in any way, and I get two identical files. This is normal.
 Change the program default settings, see that the values are not integer, then edit these values with your hands. This is a quest that the user must solve, instead of working. A tool that slows down causes losses. It should not be so.
I love Affinity programs and want them to see them in the professional software market as a worthy replacement for Adobe.

Windows 11 64-bit,

20 hours ago, Sean P said:

Another option.
 Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S does not have a feature / bug with integers. Then for exporting Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S to AD, you can export several pages / artboards at once, as in APUb.

The only question is how to choose them. Since ratboards are not numbered, you can only export artboards that are selected in Export Persona.

Or in Export Persona add the ability to select the conservation algorithm that is applied when pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S.

If you create 1 additional artboard, then this is about 10 extra movements (Select the artboard tool - select the transformation panel, position the cursor, erase extra numbers, press Enter, select the second coordinate, and do the same actions). Now let's imagine that 10,000 of these artboards are created in a month. 10,000 artboards are 100,000 user actions; if you translate this into time, it will be almost a working day per month spent on a feature / bug of the program. And this is a real loss in money. In this situation, the choice may fall on the competitor's program. And this can easily be avoided by adding the ability to group export using the save algorithm, which is used when pressing Ctrl + S.

Windows 11 64-bit,

On 4/28/2020 at 5:08 PM, Sean P said:

Is it possible to add an option called "align on pixel grid" in right click option menu. Thus we can select one or multiple objects or artboards >right click >align on pixel grid. This will be much easier.

• Staff

If you ensure Force Pixel Alignment and Move by Whole Pixel are enabled on the Toolbar this will ensure objects are created on pixel boundaries and will only ever move by whole pixels, so should for the most part allow you to keep objects pixel aligned.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:05 AM, Sean P said:

If you ensure Force Pixel Alignment and Move by Whole Pixel are enabled on the Toolbar this will ensure objects are created on pixel boundaries and will only ever move by whole pixels, so should for the most part allow you to keep objects pixel aligned.

Yes. It really helps.
Does the function (adding white lines, in the case of not an integer) have some practical use?
I apologize for my intrusiveness, but I would like to understand this topic.
So far I see it approximately so that if the document had a word, when specifying a non-integer number of the letter size while saving the document, I would get words in it that I did not type on the keyboard. And when I wrote to the developer about new slovazh appeared, they suggested that I set a special checkmark.
I do not exclude that this is justified by something, if so, I would like to know what. Thank!

Windows 11 64-bit,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.