You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I crave for a scaling tool! The one with four options: ☑️ scale corners, ☑️ scale strokes, ☑️ scale effects, ☑️ scale font sizes.

My temporary pain in the ass workaround is to paste an object into a separate file and embed it into a working document. Don't make me do this.

Please,
Maciek

To scale font sizes, use artistic text instead of frame text.

Scaling the stroke is controlled by the "Scale with object" checkbox in the Stroke panel.

Scaling of FX is controlled by the "Scale with Object" checkbox in the "Layer Effects" window that opens when you click the "fx" button on the Layers panel.

To prevent scaling of corners for a rounded rectangle object, turn on "Absolute sizes" while the shape is selected (it is on the context toolbar).

To scale corners created using the corner tool, bake them into the shape by converting to curves.

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, Maciek Blaźniak said:

I crave for a scaling tool! The one with four options: ☑️ scale corners, ☑️ scale strokes, ☑️ scale effects, ☑️ scale font sizes.

My temporary pain in the ass workaround is to paste an object into a separate file and embed it into a working document. Don't make me do this.

Please,
Maciek

I concur! 

On 4/22/2020 at 5:59 PM, fde101 said:

To scale font sizes, use artistic text instead of frame text.

Scaling the stroke is controlled by the "Scale with object" checkbox in the Stroke panel.

Scaling of FX is controlled by the "Scale with Object" checkbox in the "Layer Effects" window that opens when you click the "fx" button on the Layers panel.

To prevent scaling of corners for a rounded rectangle object, turn on "Absolute sizes" while the shape is selected (it is on the context toolbar).

To scale corners created using the corner tool, bake them into the shape by converting to curves.

Hence the OP's request for an enhancement to workflow.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, Maciek Blaźniak said:

scaling tool! The one with four options: ☑️ scale corners, ☑️ scale strokes, ☑️ scale effects, ☑️ scale font sizes.

What makes you yearn for especially this 4 scaling options – but not any other?

And what, if other users request a scaling tool for other options, e.g.  ☑️ scale leading,  ☑️ scale transparency,  ☑️ scale document dimensions,  ☑️ scale children?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:26 AM, thomaso said:

What makes you yearn for especially this 4 scaling options – but not any other?

And what, if other users request a scaling tool for other options, e.g.  ☑️ scale leading,  ☑️ scale transparency,  ☑️ scale document dimensions,  ☑️ scale children?

The options I listed are basis for scaling a layer/group/selection without distorting it.

3 hours ago, Maciek Blaźniak said:

The options I listed are basis for scaling a layer/group/selection without distorting it.

Would this new tool options ignore the current, individual settings (stroke, corners, effects) for the group items?
Or would it be an additional UI spot to set them, and a new spot to apply them to a group of selected items?

For text style (not font size only) currently the inner / outer object handle offers an option of scaling or not scaling frame's content already, for one or more selected text frames. – Whereas text frames don't currently even have an option to scale with stroke.

It's not that I argue against the request, I just don't understand it's details yet and also wonder if it would conflict with an existing UI option or setting.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

On 6/27/2020 at 6:40 AM, thomaso said:

Would this new tool options ignore the current, individual settings (stroke, corners, effects) for the group items?

This request also begs the question of how this would deal with scaling objects in which you want some of the objects to behave one way and some another.

The current way of doing this accounts for that requirement for most of these options; having these seemingly as a global setting for the tool does not.