You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is a fine improvement on the last one. Lots more detail.
I have two small issues:
1. As with the previous illustration, some of the buildings don’t seem to be in the reflection.
2. Is it just me, or is the reflection offset to the left by a small amount in some places?

Thanks buddy. Yeah i think there is a slight offset, I think it was just the way I aligned it (not very well. 

That reflection is a nightmare, my layers got all mixed up and I had groups all over the place. It started off organised but it got a bit cluttered and my pc was going so slow during editing when i got to the reflection stage so i left as be. 

Think I need to ensure I name everything so it makes it easier to navigate 

I have found that naming layers can be extremely helpful when editing complex documents (not that my documents are very complex, particularly when compared to some of the amazing illustrations I’ve seen in this forum).

Grouping layers helps a lot too, and making layers into children of other layers can also make things easier to handle.

It might be worth leaving the reflection until last and then making a rasterised copy of the scene to make into the reflection.

Also, if you put each building on a separate artboard, you can make a rasterised copy of each building to use in the main image and ‘switch off’ the artboard when you are not editing it. That might help to reduce some of the slow-down.

• 1 month later...