You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[SOLVED] Can I switch the registered email-address within Affinity Products?

I bought a computer from a friend who uses the Affinity suite. I had a license for my old PC as well, but now I want to enter it on the new PC. The problem is that my friend didn't fully reset the PC and his licensing information is still left on my PC. It's not that the programs wouldn't work or something like that - it's just that they are registered to his and not my account. Reinstallation doesn't help, Deleting temp files doesn't help. I even tried to delete every single thing I found with the name Affinity in my registry and my files - still, I'm not asked to enter my license credentials and his email show up in the settings... Is there a way to reregister the program with my information?

Edited by Bastian2001
Solved

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

There is a way, but it may depend to some extent on the product, where the product was purchased, and when it was first installed. And it almost certainly depends on what OS is running.

In the simplest case, assuming you're on Windows and the products were first purchased from the Affinity Store recently enough, you could look in c:\ProgramData\Affinity\<program-name>\1.0\ for a "license.xml" file. If you find it, then rename it. When you next start that program it should prompt you for the registration information.

The more complex case (if my assumptions about OS and where the products were purchased is correct) involves use of regedit. I'll hold off on that information for now, until you confirm that it's needed.

(If I'm wrong on OS or where the programs were purchased, a different answer will be needed.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Note: Do not look in any folders other than c:\ProgramData\Affinity\<program-name>\1.0\ to find the license.xml file. In particular, this is not c:\Program Files.

If you cannot see that folder you might not have File Explorer configured to show hidden files and directories. You can either configure it, or try getting to the directory by pressing the Windows key and R, and then typing/pasting c:\programdata\affinity into the box in the dialog that comes up, then press OK.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome. Glad it worked.

-- Walt
PC: