You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thin white lines on the edge of exports

• Staff

Hi soapman,
This is because the artboards are not pixel aligned (their X,Y coordinates are not integer values - check in the Transform panel with the artboard layer selected). You may have to go to Affinity Preferences, User Interface tab, Decimal Places for Unit Types section and change the Pixels value to 2 or more so you can see more decimal places in the Transform panel (and elsewhere). Then check the objects X,Y coordinates and remove any decimal part in the Transform panel they may have to align them/make them integer values. You may want to consider enabling Force Pixel Alignment from the beginning (and Move By Whole Pixels disabled) to ensure objects you create/move/transform are on integer values.

If i make the changes in the preferences setting, will it forever be concrete? or do i have to set that every new doc i start? Also it seems i still get .5 from time to time.

just to double check i wanna make sure i have "move by whole pixels " disabled? wouldn't i want that on to not get .4-.2 etc.. ?

What is the purpose of being able to have .5 -.2 -.8 etc..when would i want to use these? Since im turning it off and i wanna make sure i wont need it in the future as well as this seems to be the default by affinity and i have not seen it anywhere else.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

• Staff

Hi soapman,
The Decimal Places for Unit Types settings should remain as you set them up until you change it again (or reset the app).

No, Move by Whole Pixels should be disabled so the object can be snapped to integer values. For example if an object has .2px as X coordinate it will end up with the same .2px after moving it since it's only allowed to move full pixel units if you have this option enabled.

The partial values can be used for some specific projects where you need to have control over the antialiasing/sharpness of the lines - specifically curved paths (small logos, icons etc).

• 2 months later...

Is there anyone to fix this on a document that is older?  I have everything set up as you say and i still have to go back and delete the decimal place. when creating a new artboard on older template. I feel like i must be doing something else wrong since i dont see alot of posts about it.

• 1 month later...