You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fonts for Affinity Publisher

there are thousands of free fonts out there. A site you can use for downloading fonts is www.dafont.com

If you are using a Mac you can use the FontBook app from Apple, it will already be in your application folder. If you are on Windows, well someone else will have to chime in there on how to install new fonts.

Affinity will let you do a stroke around the font and do drop shadows. 

50 minutes ago, Jemez said:

a resource for acquiring more artistic fonts

The word ‘artistic’ means different things to different people! What kinds of projects do you want these fonts for?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I would like to be able to put borders or shadows around individual letters, change font colors--generally, I'm looking for ways to alter & jazz up a font beyond being limited to italicizing and bolding.

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Jemez said:

I would like to be able to put borders or shadows around individual letters, change font colors--generally, I'm looking for ways to alter & jazz up a font beyond being limited to italicizing and bolding.

Thanks!

Borders around the font is called an outline which you can make different colours and thicknesses, you can change font colours, you can do drop shadows among other things. Not sure if there is a basic how to guide out there or resources on this site, but sounds like you need it for the very basics. Is this your first time working with software like this? What have you used in the past if anything?

28 minutes ago, Jemez said:

How do I access those features?

Thanks!

For the stroke use the stroke on the Stroke Panel once you have the letters selected with the Text Tool.

437981368_ScreenShot2020-04-25at6_58_03AM.png.87a1428e7fb4f639f1a477da766105be.png

For the Drop Shadow use the Effects in Layer > Layer Effects... and choose Outer Shadow.

1151543650_ScreenShot2020-04-25at7_00_39AM.png.b319918a791519444594d48e06efdadb.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.