You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have Affinity Designer 1.8.3 (latest stable), and I experienced this bug since 1.8

When Artboard is selected and I want to rotate it with "Move tool", it doesn't show the "rotation marker", by which I can rotate it. It appears only when I start moving Artboard with Move tool.

Little bug but annoying sometimes, especially when you have lots of content inside artboard!

My specs (ask me if you need more):

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.4 (latest)

MacBook Air 2017

Affinity Designer 1.8.3 (bug comes from 1.8v)

• Staff

Hi linosia,
Why are you rotating the artboard? Do you need to position it to facilitate painting/drawing or there's other reason? If so you should use View > Rotate Left/Right for that - that's the purpose of those commands. Alternatively you can use the trackpad (Enable canvas rotation with trackpad must be ticked in Affinity Designer > Preferences, Tools section for this).

>Why are you rotating the artboard?

Well, if for some reason I made artboard Horizontal, but I want Vertical, or if I want to copy artboard with all items in it, rotate artboard to vertical and then only rotate content inside.

It was working earlier, and it clearly shows that it is possible.

The question shouldn't be like "why you need it", especially when earlier it was working. But rather "why it's not working" :)

Also, it's still possible (even with bug) to rotate Artboard with "Transform" panel, but visually with Move tool it's more elegant

• Staff

Hi linosia,
The rotation marker appearing in certain circumstances is actually a bug. It wasn't supposed to be displayed for artboards (this issue is already logged). If you want to rotate the artboard and its contents, select the artboard layer and go to menu Layer >Transform > Rotate Right/Left. Rotating artboards as if they were regular objects have way more implications that it may look at first.

If all you want is an 10 x 8 artboard to be a 8 x 10 artboard just use the transform panel to change the dimensions.

2 hours ago, linosia said:

Well, if for some reason I made artboard Horizontal, but I want Vertical, or if I want to copy artboard with all items in it, rotate artboard to vertical and then only rotate content inside.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.