You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I have just started to use Affinity designer but when I finished the design, i wanted to scale it to make it a bit smaller but everything changed.
all the proportions broke.

I actually used Shift + alt to scale it proporcioanlly but it did not matter. Should I check an option like in illustrator or something, thank you.

Here i leave you an image with the before and after. 

after rescaling.PNG

Before.PNG

I mean that, the original one is the image that has the "before" tag, and when I try to make it smaller ( proporcionally ), the nose and the eyes sockets they change to the other image. They should maintain the proportions.

Sorry if i dont explain myself correctly, if you still dont understand, I´ll make a gif so you can see better. Thanks

16 minutes ago, alexelfandi said:

I mean that, the original one is the image that has the "before" tag, and when I try to make it smaller ( proporcionally ) on resizing, the nose and the eyes sockets they change to the other image. They should maintain the proportions.

Sorry if i dont explain myself correctly, if you still dont understand, I´ll make a gif so you can see better. Thanks

Apologies. What I should have said is that I don’t know which parts of the design were supposed to have been resized proportionally and which were not.
I can see that the nose and eye sockets are different so I asked how you drew them. Are they curves, or shapes, or did you use a brush or something else? A screen grab which includes your Layers panel (with all layers expended) would be useful.

I have a feeling that you might have used the Corner Tool on some shapes.
If so, that might be where the problem could be.
Can you try Baking the corners and then resizing? (Corner Tool, select all nodes, press the Bake Corners button on the Context Toolbar.)

Unfortunately there’s no way to ‘unbake’ a baked corner.
If we could specify a percentage instead of a size you probably wouldn’t need to bake the corners. That functionality has already been requested.
I think the only way at the moment is to resize a copy where the corners have been baked. That way you have your original to go back to. Not ideal but I don’t think there are many other options.

3 hours ago, alexelfandi said:

the nose

I do not know if it was the intention, but the nose socket is not symmetrical (which is the reason why it was so crooked after shrinking). Which I would expect in the case of insisting on the possibility of editing using the Corner tool.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.