You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers: "Only This Layer" Command?

Hi,

I seem to remember from my PhoSho days that Adobe had a command whereby you Option-Clicked a Layer, to make all other Layers go invisible – i.e., "Hidden". Like the way a musician "Solos" a mixer or sequencer track.

It saved a bunch of individual hidings clicks.

Is there an equivalent command for Af. Photo & Designer Layers?

(I already know you can select contiguous Layers and then hide them with one click, but that requires first selecting them and then exluding the layer you want to stay visible)

Thanks in advance,

- Peter

Hm, thanks for this guys, I didn't know about this feature. 

I guess I prefer Adobe's implementation: There's a visual cue on the Layers palette that tells you what you're seeing (the tick marks change to agree with your Option-clicking). 

Hopefully full-editability will get sorted out.

• Staff

I see - this is a bug with selections - because the Option-Click feature was added for Photo but is also available in Designer.. 

Changing the selected node on a path means the selection has changed - we are cancelling the solo when you do that, and we shouldn't. We can and will fix that :)

Option-Clicking a layer then using Photo tools like brushes, filters, etc. will not cancel the solo - because the selection has not changed.

Thanks for raising this issue - it's a simple fix and hopefully will be in the beta later this week..

Andy.

• 2 years later...

Sorry to necro this, but I'm wondering if soloing layers could be enabled for macros?

When making variations on textures for games, I keep a bunch of them in the same file, but in different layer folders. I'd like to solo and batch export those groups into separate files, so I can iterate quickly.

In PS, I'd just record a macro of me soloing the appropriate groups and exporting them one at a time, then run the macro whenever changes are made. Would be super helpful to have this in  Affinity as well.