You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

layers menu glitches

mallow

I have a problem when working with Affinity Designer. Menu items in Layers panel (after right click) are gone. This menu looks like this:

Screenshot-1.png.f9c39cde3c98f4b2b8c3cbf4124b90be.png

After moving the cursor around, the items appear again:

Screenshot-2.png.d2467c620159af29ff748052fd2133c0.png

Whole situation happens again and again. It is very annoying :/

I have tried to reset the app. Didn't help. I have also changed OpenGL to Metal. Didn't help either. What else can I do? Or is it a bug in Affinity Designer?

NEXT PLANET / Design Studio / UX / GRAPHICS / ANIMATION

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi mallow,

I've never seen this happen or seen it being reported before! What are the specs of your Mac and what version of macOS are you using?

Hi, Sean. I work on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), with 16 GB of RAM and Intel Iris Plus Graphics 645 1536 MB.

macOS: latest Catalina (10.15.4)

Do you need more information? I would be happy to help as I really like working with Designer, but this bug makes my work less productive.

• Staff

Hi mallow 

Thanks for the specs. Has this been a one-off incident for you or does it happen all the time? What applications and utilities (particularly those that run in the background) do you have running on your Mac? Do you have many fonts installed or use additional Font Management software? Lastly are you running the Mac App Store or Affinity Store version?

Hi, Sean. No, not a one-off incident. It happens almost all the time. Just checked Affinity Photo and the problem is there too. Very often it's when the pop-up is too small and there is this triangle to scroll down. After scrolling, most items disappear and I need to move cursor over them to make them appear.

Apps in the background: Logitech Options Deamon, Dropbox, Wacom Driver, FigmaAgent, Tyme2 app.

Fonts: I don't have many, but yes, I have few extra fonts. Copied to Library/Fonts. No additional Font Management software.

I am using your apps from the Mac App Store.

23 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi mallow 

Thanks for the specs. Has this been a one-off incident for you or does it happen all the time? What applications and utilities (particularly those that run in the background) do you have running on your Mac? Do you have many fonts installed or use additional Font Management software? Lastly are you running the Mac App Store or Affinity Store version?

Hi, Sean. I have just tested this issue on another MacBook: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB. Same Designer version, same macOS version.

Problem is there too. 2 different machines, same issue.

• Staff
57 minutes ago, mallow said:

Hi, Sean. I have just tested this issue on another MacBook: MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015), 16GB RAM, Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB. Same Designer version, same macOS version.

Problem is there too. 2 different machines, same issue.

It sounds like it might be an application you have on your machines that is producing this result! My Mac contains both Dropbox and Wacom drivers and not getting that so I don't believe it is those. A few extra fonts manually copied and no font manager application should be fine so wouldn't imagine it to be that.

Are you able to disable/remove the Logitech Options Daemon, FigmaAgent and Tyme2 app one by one and seeing if that stops it from happening! I would also look at any other pieces of software or other common things that you may have installed on both machines - as it certainly sounds like it is being caused by something else.

Hi, Sean. I have just uninstalled most apps on one of my laptops (the one from 2015). Deleted Figma, Tyme2. Uninstalled Wacom and Logitech drivers through uninstall scripts. Still have the problem. Even with a simple file with few geometry objects, when I right-click on Layers, some items are gone. Sometimes 1, sometimes half of 1, sometimes few as on the screenshot below. What else can I do, as right now I have mostly Apple apps like Pages, Numbers and Keynote and all 3 Affinity apps on the laptop. Still having problem.

204048165_Screenshot2020-04-21at20_11_39.png.6befc481e9c41d34c2e069b2bc6b8cec.png