jc4d

Layer blending modes list not scrolling with arrow keys

Hi all,

I have noticed that when using the arrow keys to navigate throughout the blending modes, the list does not scroll with it, so there is a point where I have no idea what blending mode I'm using.

As you can see in this gif, I started using the arrow keys to navigate but after the Vivid Light I can't see what blending mode is highlighted anymore. This also happens with the blending mode list on the Adjustment layers.

Cheers,
Juan

And here.  And it seems to do the same in the production build 1.8.3.  I can't remember how it worked pre 1.8.3.

9 hours ago, c_moon said:

I can't remember how it worked pre 1.8.3.

It was the same.

An alternative way to select a blending mode is to just select the blending box (don't scroll it) and use CTRL+SHIFT and the arrow keys. The current blend mode will show in the blending box 

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be worried about.

Thanks, carl123.  The downside to this method seems to be that each down arrow press records a separate item in the history box.  I now realise why I couldn't remember and that is because I didn't use arrow keys, anyway - so this was new to me.  Rather, I just used the scroll bar, if necessary, to get to the section of blend modes I wanted and then hovered the cursor over the different blend modes to see what they did.   

5 minutes ago, c_moon said:

Thanks, for fixing this, guys.  This is sooo much easier to use!

Though if I were being picky...

If I have the list showing and scroll down using the arrow keys, when I get to "pin light" only the top half of the words show and further down "hue" doesn't show up.

On 5/4/2020 at 9:45 PM, c_moon said:

Though if I were being picky...

If I have the list showing and scroll down using the arrow keys, when I get to "pin light" only the top half of the words show and further down "hue" doesn't show up.

I see what you mean. I will ask the developer who fixed this if there is a chance it can be tweaked. 

Update - I've just heard back and this is intentional. Windows 10 guidelines suggest that 'partials' are better as it implies that there are more entries to follow.