You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layer blending modes list not scrolling with arrow keys

Hi all,

I have noticed that when using the arrow keys to navigate throughout the blending modes, the list does not scroll with it, so there is a point where I have no idea what blending mode I'm using.

As you can see in this gif, I started using the arrow keys to navigate but after the Vivid Light I can't see what blending mode is highlighted anymore. This also happens with the blending mode list on the Adjustment layers.

Cheers,
Juan

9 hours ago, c_moon said:

I can't remember how it worked pre 1.8.3.

It was the same.

An alternative way to select a blending mode is to just select the blending box (don't scroll it) and use CTRL+SHIFT and the arrow keys. The current blend mode will show in the blending box 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks, carl123.  The downside to this method seems to be that each down arrow press records a separate item in the history box.  I now realise why I couldn't remember and that is because I didn't use arrow keys, anyway - so this was new to me.  Rather, I just used the scroll bar, if necessary, to get to the section of blend modes I wanted and then hovered the cursor over the different blend modes to see what they did.   

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, c_moon said:

Thanks, for fixing this, guys.  This is sooo much easier to use!

Though if I were being picky...

If I have the list showing and scroll down using the arrow keys, when I get to "pin light" only the top half of the words show and further down "hue" doesn't show up.

• Staff
On 5/4/2020 at 9:45 PM, c_moon said:

Though if I were being picky...

If I have the list showing and scroll down using the arrow keys, when I get to "pin light" only the top half of the words show and further down "hue" doesn't show up.

I see what you mean. I will ask the developer who fixed this if there is a chance it can be tweaked. 

Update - I've just heard back and this is intentional. Windows 10 guidelines suggest that 'partials' are better as it implies that there are more entries to follow. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.