You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Transform, Perspective & Warp Tools

You make a great point @Andy05 any kind of laser/cnc machine needs as smooth a line as possible with the least number of nodes cluttering it up. 
I'm not a developer at all, but from what I've learned in speaking to some, things like the boolean operations and offside path and others require a LOT of testing because there are so many variables that could cause it to fail or respond poorly. With similar vector apps, you as the user are encouraged to send in problem files and problem results. I wish Affinity was more proactive with that

@DGee It looks like there is still a sale for VS still going on over at Stacksocial. Totally worth that cost savings. 
If you do decide to purchase it,  add your thoughts to the forum over at https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/ 
I know the developer is very interested in improving VS and the more users and feedback given, the better and faster improvements come. 
Repeating what many have said, VS is not neccesarily a replacement for Affinity, but another tool that bridges the gap. For some, that is all they need VS to be. 
In my situation, VS has become my main vector program but I still use affinity for some features and because I can work on my iPad with it, etc. 

Here's the link to the sale:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/vectorstyler-professional-illustration-software

3 minutes ago, Boldlinedesign said:

@DGee It looks like there is still a sale for VS still going on over at Stacksocial. Totally worth that cost savings. 
If you do decide to purchase it,  add your thoughts to the forum over at https://www.vectorstyler.com/forum/ 
I know the developer is very interested in improving VS and the more users and feedback given, the better and faster improvements come. 
Repeating what many have said, VS is not neccesarily a replacement for Affinity, but another tool that bridges the gap. For some, that is all they need VS to be. 
In my situation, VS has become my main vector program but I still use affinity for some features and because I can work on my iPad with it, etc. 

Here's the link to the sale:
https://stacksocial.com/sales/vectorstyler-professional-illustration-software

Sounds great, thanks man! 

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

+1

Warping vector objects is one of the most missing features in Affinity Designer that disturbs me. I totally moved on using AD for my vector use. I find it really light on older machines. But when needs to warp I need the object to stay in vector not bitmaps (using photo). This pushes me back to Illustrator. 

Please add this feature soon guys. @Affinity Designer

On 12/12/2021 at 9:08 AM, 2ddpainter said:

One big reason why i bought VS was that i realized that many
wishes for Affinity Designer that have been popping up in this
Forum for years are all solved with my purchase of VectorStyler.

Can VectorStyler import afdesign files or do you use a different file format?

10 hours ago, Gardenia said:

Can VectorStyler import afdesign files or do you use a different file format?

Nothing but Affinity applications understand the native .afdesign/.afphoto/.afpub file format.

You could transfer SVG versions between VectorStyler and Affinity Designer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

17 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Nothing but Affinity applications understand the native .afdesign/.afphoto/.afpub file format.

This one does a fairly good job of opening them

https://www.photopea.com/

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Nice.. on the Affinity forum an entire discussion about using other non-serif programs to make up for missing (basic) features.. And still nothing from Serif. They really don't care about losing users to other parties because of lacking features in their own software.. their silence is just unbelievable.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

1 hour ago, Xzenor said:

Nice.. on the Affinity forum an entire discussion about using other non-serif programs

Which makes them fairly open with this kind of discussion and accept public criticism.

1 hour ago, Xzenor said:

to make up for missing (basic) features..

"Expected" feature, instead of "Basic".

1 hour ago, Xzenor said:

And still nothing from Serif.

The only thing for sure is that it's on they to-do list. How far from becoming a reality? We don't know, but I'm confident they are aware of all this regarding the functionality their users expect.

1 hour ago, Xzenor said:

They really don't care about losing users to other parties because of lacking features in their own software..

To a certain degree, losing users is something that happens to all major Software Vendors. I've seen migrations from SAP systems to Oracle's, for example... I'm sure they try to ponder what's the best for the majority of their customers because that's good for their business. Why this is still not a reality what it's something Expected (not Basic), stays veiled forever.

1 hour ago, Xzenor said:

their silence is just unbelievable.

Imagine they say "we always wanted this to be out in 10 years after the initial launch", how would you react? Silence or not, it doesn't make a difference if the feature has not been released. 

As one of the users that want this feature, I don't expect any sort of apology nor someone saying "you were right all this time, we were wrong, here you have it".

Best regards!

1 hour ago, Xzenor said:

And still nothing from Serif.

People had been asking for Data Merge for years then one day on October 13, 2020 it suddenly appeared from nowhere

It appears those lazy little elves had been working on it all the time

2 hours ago, Xzenor said:

their silence is just unbelievable.

Elves aren't that big on conversations; they just toil away as fast and as hard as they can in the hope that (some) people will appreciate their efforts 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 12/19/2021 at 2:21 PM, Xzenor said:

....They really don't care about losing users to other parties because of lacking features in their own software.. their silence is just unbelievable.

Well, Affinity won't lose me as a user just because I've now bought VectorStyler.
There are still some things I like about Affinity Designer. And I've never been
tied to a single program. I've always used the program that does the job best
when I could.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Designer1234 said:

Wow, that VS looks like AD should 😮
How it's possible that less known company from Finland can write something like that, and Sarif, who had many of these tools in their previous software, still can't do it? 😮 

Well i don't know that either, but I am glad for
this alternative and I think many others too.

10 hours ago, Designer1234 said:

Wow, that VS looks like AD should 😮
How it's possible that less known company from Finland can write something like that, and Sarif, who had many of these tools in their previous software, still can't do it? 😮 

it's a choice. Serif knows how to do it. they did it before in their previous software DrawPlus.

They must have their reasons but since they don't respond we will never know them.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD