You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Free Transform, Perspective & Warp Tools

• 2 weeks later...

What's confusing to me is that Affinity don't seem to realize the sustained money blast they'd receive once they add this toolset. Artists are fed up with Adobe. Word would quickly get around that there was now a real, viable replacement for Illustrator with its hateful monthly rental fee.

• 4 weeks later...

+1 I would need this badly.

Looks like VectorStyler will be our companion for a couple of years. It'll take forever for serif to add the basic features, and I don't even dream about a shape builder tool or recolor artwork... these are all in VS and that's a beta app. UI is clunky, but the vector engine is great. So, man up Serif! 

Branding, Identity Design, UI/UX Design.    |    https://whitex.design

zayca, I think that's a good move on your part. I purchased my copy years ago, and have found myself feeling burnt. From the reading of this thread and a several others, it feels like "Waiting for Godot". Don't get sucked into being a believer. Excommunication does not yield a refund of your time and/or money.

Although the lack of free transform and autotrace, I must say I'm starting to become a fan of Designer.

I'm getting close to 100 h. working with this software and I don't regret buying it. Yesterday I even purchased Publisher.

I'm crossing my fingers for the 2.0 release. 

GOGO AFFINITY GO !!

Well, I follow the development of affinity for some time. I had 2  trials for 30 and 90 days and I am really disappointed about the lack of basic features for so long. I like the software but it is still not developed in the right pace. I honestly see not many changes since my first trial long time ago. Especially in core features.  And this is really strange. I am a Blender user and it is being develop at a speed of light in comparison, new features are added constantly, bugs are being fixed if any, there is a clear roadmap, clear communication. And it is open source, free program which is absolutely great. It is 3D not vector graphics, and I assume it is much more complicated and advanced. 

Honestly I feel that maybe they have some strange agreement etc with Adobe to block these features so people will still use Adobe. Something like that. I think maybe Adobe is somehow behind it. Otherwise I see no reason. With the additional core features added (image trace, shape building,  blend, warping, transform and perspectiv etc) it will be obvious choice for people even if the price would be a bit higher. It means a lot earning for Affinity. So there must be some reason...

On 5/4/2021 at 9:45 AM, zayca said:

I am a Blender user and it is being develop at a speed of light in comparison, new features are added constantly, bugs are being fixed if any, there is a clear roadmap, clear communication. And it is open source, free program which is absolutely great. It is 3D not vector graphics, and I assume it is much more complicated and advanced.

Apples and oranges bud.... Compare the size of the development teams to begin with...

It's also open source against closed source so thousands of unpayed volunteers fixing stuff from home.
While these Affinity guy's like to feed their families for some reason and get payed for their work. Odd, I know..

Now I agree on the communication. There is none and that's just wrong. The roadmap however, they've mentioned that before. They got rid of that because of the extreme responses when some feature didn't make it into the new version while it was on the roadmap.

No Man's Sky and Cyberpunk 2077 are examples of why you shouldn't release something that's not finished yet. That's not just for games. The same rule works for software. The fiery responses of the users apparently exist for both as well....

But.. the communication.. or the lack thereof.. *sigh*.....

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

Heh. Nice one. So why they stop develop , why it lacks such important features? Huge potential with this software, many people ready to change. No roadmap, still at the same point. 
Well, I am not a developer, but i don’t think that vector graphics is more complicated then 3D with all complicated areas around. Therefore smaller team should be enough, taking into account how long it takes. I really like affinity but I just can’t understand why i take so long. If they need developers maybe they should start some kickstarter campaign etc to hire more to develop faster. I think that many current users will pay in advance for exchange for 2.0 with more important features. 

9 hours ago, zayca said:

Heh. Nice one. So why they stop develop , why it lacks such important features? Huge potential with this software, many people ready to change. No roadmap, still at the same point. 
Well, I am not a developer, but i don’t think that vector graphics is more complicated then 3D with all complicated areas around. Therefore smaller team should be enough, taking into account how long it takes. I really like affinity but I just can’t understand why i take so long. If they need developers maybe they should start some kickstarter campaign etc to hire more to develop faster. I think that many current users will pay in advance for exchange for 2.0 with more important features. 

I must say I was bummed out discovering these features are missing too but to say they stop development makes no sense.

I'm watching a 1 hour video on what's new in affinity designer 1.9; maybe you should too.

And let's not forget the fact that it's a relatively new company.

Call me a fanboy but I'm greatfull for their work, they found a big gap in the market and did a great job filling it.

Adobe doesn't even support my old operating system and wants way to big a share of my earnings; easy choice for me.

1 hour ago, Sonica said:

And let's not forget the fact that it's a relatively new company.

Relative is relative, I know. But Serif was founded in 1987 which is ancient times for software developing business.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

It’s kind of got to the point that the only way I can fathom out why we don’t yet have any form of vector distortions is probably because it can’t yet do it - I gather they started development in 2010, and for any software company who decides to build brand new vector design application aimed squarely at pros, vector distortions / Free Transform / Perspective & Warp Tools or whatever you want to call it would be pretty high on the features list, my guess is they must have been working on this from the start and maybe judging by the problems with boolean operations in the past maybe it’s still too glitchy for release - it will be seven years since release on the first of October —— gradually losing faith

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk