ErrkaPetti

Import/open PSD-files on iPad Pro 12.9"? - SOLVED by @DM1

Hello there!

I'm into some strange behavior on Affinity Photo on iPad...

I got several iPads in my arsenal, and, since last week the new 2020 iPad Pro 12.9"...

The bug for me is that I can't open/import (or drag'n'drop from Files-app) PSD-files onto my new iPad Pro?

They are greyed out in the files selections moment in Affinity Photo...

Also, the same bug is in my 2nd generation iPad Pro 12.9", BUT, on my iPad Pro 10.5" I CAN open PSD-files into Affinity Photo??

Strange... All three iPad Pros are on the same iPadOS version (13.41) and the same version of Affinity Photo (1.83 from Appstore)...

The latest released beta version 1.83.x have the same behavior on the bigger iPads, but not the 10.5"... Hmmm...

Anybody out there with the same problem?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Errka, I had an issue with opening .abr files that others were still able to open. Different hardware. In the end it came down to uninstalling all other drawing apps, hard reset iPad, and then reinstalling Affinity. Amazingly I could now open the files (no longer greyed out). I think iOS had allocated the file type to another app and wouldn’t let affinity use it. I don’t know what app was causing the issue and haven’t yet reinstalled other drawing apps in case I break affinity file access again!  The greyed out file was same effect though. 
For the record, PSD are drag'n'drop ok on my 10.5 pro too.
If other users with same hardware as you don’t have the problem, I would look at what other drawing apps you have installed. If others do have same problem maybe it’s an Affinity issue. Good luck resolving.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 13.5.1   Affinity Photo 1.8.3 .180   Affinity Design 1.8.3.2 Publisher for iPad (2020?)

@DM1 - so f***in’ glad for that answer!

Deleted Adobe Fresco, and, all of a sudden the problem was solved!

I don’t use Fresco much, although I am at the beta team user base...

There so many great users here on Affinity Forum, and you @DM1 belong to the greatest! Thanks!

On 4/19/2020 at 12:20 PM, ErrkaPetti said:

@DM1 - so f***in’ glad for that answer!

Deleted Adobe Fresco, and, all of a sudden the problem was solved!

I don’t use Fresco much, although I am at the beta team user base...

There so many great users here on Affinity Forum, and you @DM1 belong to the greatest! Thanks!

Everything works after getting rid of Adobe 😉

I still believe that this is an iOS bug not an app bug. Probably to do with how iOS is allocating file access permissions. Affinity is now preventing Lumafusion from accessing LUTs (greyed out). Adobe stops other apps accessing psd files. There are probably other apps affected too.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB   lpadOS 13.5.1   Affinity Photo 1.8.3 .180   Affinity Design 1.8.3.2 Publisher for iPad (2020?)