You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi.

I've got this png shape of a chain link.  I'm trying to slightly bring the ends of the broken sections, a little bit closer to the centre link.  So that the appearance can be that it's almost removed the gaps.  I think just stretching the ends parts of the chain on the left and on the right, closer to middle link, will be sufficient for it to look closed.  I want it then to be a new png image.

Does anyone know the best way to achieve this please?

Thanks

chainlink.afphoto

My attached video shows a very crude method of doing something like what you want but it’s a bit messy and it doesn’t look very good, unless you zoom out a lot, and even then it’s not pretty. The method of stretching a selection can be useful though, so I thought I’d post it anyway.
I’m sure someone else will be able to give you a much better/nicer method.

For this I would thry the Mesh Warp Tool.

Separating the 3 elements on different layers.

2020-04-18_152006.thumb.png.1bfe8264c0b924db4ad15e4dbb3aee9e.png

And using the tool (and guides and red rectangles to know when to stop modifying the mesh).

2020-04-18_152119.png.8930c11ec15513299d5a0c34230771d1.png2020-04-18_152414.png.e29b207044389f727f187eb2e411ef3a.png

First task, drawing a shape with the vectors shapes,  it'll be easier to have the right curves and following the shape.

2020-04-18_153235.thumb.png.52738429434aeca5fa5237072eaf2c17.png

You could try separating the 3 links onto separate layers
Duplicate the 2 end links
Flip the duplicates horizontally
Position them
Blend them in

links.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks guys.  Amazing to see the variable methods and expertise that you guys have come up with.

Hat's off too, for Affinity, providing the tools they do.

I think I'm going to try a bit of all of these, just so I can learn, but the last image and process looks the best outcome, so if I can, I'm likely going to use that.

Having said that, the work has been done in that respect, and I may well just use that image, if that's ok? :)

3 minutes ago, TopRobRoy said:

and I may well just use that image, if that's ok?

Sure

I've uploaded the APhoto doc so you can tweak/refine it if needed

chainlink2.afphoto

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I was trying to see what a chain link would look like on a webpage I'm doing.

The idea is that there would be 9-12 images and that it conveyed a message that everything is linked to a particular community model I'm doing.

I was going to try Arrows between each image, going left to right on the 3, then down and left etc

I'm not yet convinced it's clear.  Just looking for any views on this from anyone, and/or suggestions.

Thanks

Robert WebTestChain.thumb.png.410955ecd91c86a23271f6b86542e45e.png

16 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I think the page would look better, and clearer, if it was omitted.

That’s a bit drastic, then there would be no page 😁

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

instead of chain-links which could be associated with oppression, how about a handshake?

handshake@4x.png.f343af679dcb093526c0d5d98c3b05c0.png

icons8-handshake.svg

I think a better image for the Environment & climate section and a stronger font (Arial Bold) for all three images would help legibility and impact, see below.

500189009_ScreenShot2020-04-19at09_05_52.png.c9916f4777396f5a4cdfd37e72f805fc.png

Image used: https://unsplash.com/photos/v3lA7GROOHg

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

I think the page would look better, and clearer, if it was omitted.

I do tend to agree to be honest. Thanks for your honesty.

42 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

instead of chain-links which could be associated with oppression, how about a handshake?

handshake@4x.png.f343af679dcb093526c0d5d98c3b05c0.png

icons8-handshake.svg 4.17 kB · 0 downloads

I think a better image for the Environment & climate section and a stronger font (Arial Bold) for all three images would help legibility and impact, see below.

500189009_ScreenShot2020-04-19at09_05_52.png.c9916f4777396f5a4cdfd37e72f805fc.png

Image used: https://unsplash.com/photos/v3lA7GROOHg

I also admit, that the font idea is a good one.  It does look better for the reasons you stated.

The advice is appreciated guys and the jokes 😂🤣

I think there's too many items and it disrupt the reading of the page (there's a strong background also). Simpler is best, and if needed, before the images a sentence that explains clearly the meaning, or a different display. Vertically would induce more hierarchy than having them from left to right (but if there are more than 3, ouch!)

> There could be more text before "More infos" too, to explain a bit.

5 hours ago, Wosven said:

Ithink there's too many items and itdisrupt the reading of the page (there'sastrong background also). Simpler is best, and if needed, before the images a sentence that explains clearly the meaning, or a different display. Vertically would induce more hierarchy than having them from left to right (but if there are more than 3, ouch!)

> There could be more text before "More infos" too, to explain a bit.

This is going to be a slider with some Key messages, although I accept what you're saying.  It depends on the content when I've done it, whether I will change it to Vertical, but thanks.

There is More Info.

image.png.f1943fe8ed8ce1277c0e60f3976cf9c6.png

Ok with a slider, I thought you'll have at least 3 or 9 images on a page, looking at the screenshot!

Some transition from one image to another perhaps (if there's  a "next" or similar way to convey the link between articles), but it would difficult to realize and ideas sound better sometimes than results… :P

True. There will be 9 or 12 images, each with a short piece of text, the length you see.  The part at the top, will have key messages to a concept, and the images are part of the concept for sustainability where you live, covering the component parts.  It's not going to be the site itself, just a marketing page.

I appreciate the comments though, and the top part will be key.  I may well take away that imagery.  I'm just formulating these parts for now, and hope to finalise in the next month for release.

Ciao!