You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well done on a very impressive program.

I have a list of suggestions, and here is the first-

I can set Affinity Photo as an external editor for Apple Aperture, which I will continue to use until Apple decide to upgrade their OS to a level that will no longer support it. Even then, I may maintain the last usable OS, because I have too many pictures organised with it. Photos, their new program, is most definitely not an upgrade, no matter how they would like to spin it.

However, I can not automatically save back to Aperture, as I used to be able to do with Photoshop. 

Any chance this could be made to happen? Thank you...

joseph

What are the issues you are having, how are you trying to save when in Affinity Photo? this has been discussed a few times on this forum. I have tested both Lightroom and Aperture and they both save the file back in to the application.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

A file exported from aperture to photoshop may be saved back into aperture by simply hitting 'save' in Photoshop.

An attempt to 'save' in Affinity brings up a standard dialogue box which prompts for a save location outside of aperture and does not preserve the 'round trip' function that works so well.

That is strange, not had an issue with that. It round trips fine for me..

When I hit save, I choose save flattened and its right back where it came from, Aperture and Lightroom.

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

i suspect that Affinity Photo cannot round trip because it cannot save back in a tiff or psd format. you have to go Export mode and export as tiff or psd. import it back into Aperture or Lightroom. pain.

It can save back as TIFF, no need for export.

Can we have round trip with Aperture and Lightroom by allowing Affinity Photo to automatically save back as TIFF or PSD?

Again, not sure how you guy's are working, would love to know the workflow. A TIFF form Aperture to Affinity roundtrip works fine, and saves back as a TIFF. Tried and tested, well I guess in my case at least.  :)

I suggest that all that is needed is for save and save is to direct the edited file to its original folder by default but giving the option of changing that location if needed, rather than having to deliberately navigate to  the original folder. 

• 8 months later...

I'm having the same problem. I was hoping there would be an option in Photo to simply save files as .psd rather than .afphoto files. I want to be able to save as .psd files so that when I reopen the file it is fully editable in Affinity Photo and, at the same time, is recognizable by Aperature and Lightroom.

I don't see any way too save as a .tiff file as mentioned above. I see a way to export as .tiff, but not save. This would not solve the round-trip issue. 

Currently, I have to export the Photo to my desktop (as .jpeg, .psd, or .tiff)  and then reimport into Aperature or Lightroom. I then have to save the .aphoto file separately so that I can edit it later should the need arise. With Photoshop, all I have to do is save the file and it automatically appears next to the original file in Aperature or Lightroom, AND the file is fully editable should I need to make further modifications. 

Mid-2011 iMac 27, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3